Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canny Collar - Experiences Please??

Options
  • 23-08-2010 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys, just looking for peoples experioences on canny collars, i looked it up looked like another maskign product but unsure, well aware of the majority bar this one, anyone have any experiences? complaints or compliments?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭suziwalsh

Fine...same idea as a halti but a bit less user friendly as you always have to keep some tension on lead for the band to stay on....

would recommend the sensi-harness instead if you are looking for something to stop pulling. Dogs do not have to get used to them and far more user friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭TooManyDogs

I've used them, I like them. They're a great training aid in that you can use it to re-train the dog to stop pulling and then it converts to a normal flat collar. But you can still use the nose part if the dog has a relapse. One advantage is that if used correctly the dogs dont just tense their neck muscles and pull anyway like they can with some other head collars.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

In my experience, i have found that the nose band slips off too easily and it's a nuisance having to put it on again. You could put a stich in (under the chin below the yellow plastic tab) it so that it stays a little more secure and prevents the slipping off once lead becomes slack.
    Also, with regard to a reduction in pulling, i find it less effective as a management tool when compared to the halti or gentle leader.

Advertisement