Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buses to airport?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone. I might have to get a flight from Galway airport this week back to Waterford and I was just wondering is the daily bus service that leaves town at 1 the only bus available to get me out to the airport? It'd be handy but the flight I would be getting leaves at 1 so its not much use to me!

I've been doing a lot of research and I can't seem to find anything else. Just don't relish the thought of paying 15 quid both ways in a taxi. Any help mucho appreciated! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,967 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Asmodean wrote: »
    Hi everyone. I might have to get a flight from Galway airport this week back to Waterford and I was just wondering is the daily bus service that leaves town at 1 the only bus available to get me out to the airport?

'Fraid so, unless you want to go out at about 6am (or something, can't remember the exact time).

The next best options involve the number 9 bus and a shorter taxi ride. I'm not sure if the taxi-drivers get grumpy with being asked to do the shorter run to the airport or not.

Airport services

(Don't even start to think about how many of the multi-stop Dublin buses almost go past the airport each day, you'll only make yourself cross.)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭bat boy

Ye, there's about two buses a day which is ridiculous. I don't think they even match up with flight times.

Advertisement