Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to Decline UCAS Offers?

• 23-08-2010 1:30pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been offered one of my UCAS Choices but I no longer have any wish to do it?

How can I decline this? I can't seem to be able to do it using Track. The 'Cancel Choice' button does nothing - do I need to send them an e-mail, letter etc.?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Just ignore them. They'll send you a load of crap in the post which you'll have to bin though. Mind you, Kingston uni in London sent me the same 'welcome to Kingston' letter 6 times, despite not even putting them down as a Firm or Insurance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Don't reply to it is the best thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Sarah93

If you no longer wish to go to their university the best thing to do is to write a letter/ email politely declining their offer and, perhaps, to give a reason why you are declining said offer.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭Fionn MacCool

Sarah93 wrote: »
    If you no longer wish to go to their university the best thing to do is to write a letter/ email politely declining their offer and, perhaps, to give a reason why you are declining said offer.
    But really, who is arsed doing that?

When I apply for countless jobs I don't get a nice persona email back telling me why I was declined. I don't hear anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 greensnake

Ring them up and and tell them you don't want a place..:rolleyes:

do it as soon as possible btw

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

ring them up so that they can give the place to someone else, sooner rather than later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

yeah, I think I'm going ring them up to let them know later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

just got the UCAS confirmation letter there, on it there is the university email for letting them know you will not be going. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Its only fair to ring or email them. It will only take 5 mins but it might mean another student somewhere getting a course they want :)

Advertisement