Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Young Boys

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭fabvinny

we want 4!! we want 4!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Piko

were there, champions lge, bring on real and barca woooooo!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭keane=cock

speechless.......................

well except for

COME ON YOU SPURS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭larry1

homerjig.gif

dancing-carlton.gif

16k9fyo.gif

champsLogo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭electrobanana

peter crouch what a signing he got us into the play offs and now he's got us into the big time my hat go's off to him..and as for harry what a job he's done for us..HARRY UR MY NEW THFC LEGEND

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,946 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Jeez I'm delighted with the result but wow there were some occasionally shocking performances out there. Crouch was brilliant, as was Bale, and I thought Ledley and Dawson were very solid. Our midfield outside that was very hit & miss, especially Palacios (again) and a better team would definitely have punished us.

We'll need to up our game for the group stages but for now I'm delighted to get through this tricky game with a great result. Come on you Spurs!!! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Delighted with the result. Not our greatest performance, but we got the result we needed. Delighted to see Crouch get a hat trick. Come on the group stages!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭daveman16

larry1 wrote: »
    homerjig.gif

dancing-carlton.gif

16k9fyo.gif

champsLogo.jpg

I couldn't sum it up any better then that

YEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

Hail King Harry!

We are Spurs! Draw at 5 Tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,777 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Cant describe how I feel....! How good was the combination of the CL billboards, the Spurs flags and the CL music?? Beautiful!
    Thought it was a bit of a disgrace that Defoe's goal stood but I really dont care! We're in the hat! Great performance my everyone, esp Crouchie! Bring on the heavyweights!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Happy days Lads !!!!!:):cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Woohoo! I think relief best describes my feelings tonight. The 3 or so months since we beat Man City and had this fixture hanging over us were torture!

Great result on the night, Crouch played very well in general play, Corluka and Palacios were poor again. We were overrun in midfield at times, but those worries are for another day. Tonight.. WE ARE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

COYS!!!!:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭marty2002

Yeah Champions League baby!!

crouchy2.jpg

Get in son!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,388 ✭✭✭dabbler2004

We're there! Made us sweat at times but who cares, roll on the draw tomorrow at 5 :-)

THFC wrote: »
    Cant describe how I feel....! How good was the combination of the CL billboards, the Spurs flags and the CL music?? Beautiful!
    Thought it was a bit of a disgrace that Defoe's goal stood but I really dont care! We're in the hat! Great performance my everyone, esp Crouchie! Bring on the heavyweights!

I don't care that we had a Defoe's goal given. we have complained for yeas about Man Utd having decisions going their way in big games at home, now its our turn. We had a bit of luck on saturday with ref decisions and we will take that tonight as well. Sometimes it seams like those decisions always go against you, but you always need a bit of luck in football. This is our turn COYS. We deserve it

I was watching Pat Jennings getting interviewed before the game, He reckons there could be a couple of signings if we got through tonight. He should know, he does a lot of work now with Spurs. So expect a bit of activity on the transfer market now that we are in Champions League Group Stages. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

rarely get it right but I predicted 4-0

happy happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I can't believe it still,

I mean I didn't expect to get 4th last year I was sure we'd mealtdown for our last two games. But this! Even though I thought we could win this game handy I didn't think we would, when it was 2-0 I was full sure it'd be 2-1 with 4 min to go and all of us not being able to look.

I can't wait for the draw today, Roll on 5.

4 assists last night, a true Spurs legend :)

baleheartw.gif

peter crouch what a signing he got us into the play offs and now he's got us into the big time my hat go's off to him..and as for harry what a job he's done for us..HARRY UR MY NEW THFC LEGEND

Totally agree :)

The Hattrick peno...

CrouchHatrickGif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Brilliant result from a performance well below par. Looking forward to the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Wonderful night.COYS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Was a deadly peanlty in fairness wasn't it? O expected him to get down on all 4's and head it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Great result.

When we got the early goal, I though my prediction was going to come through but thankfully I was wrong.

Bale is just unbelievable these days. If he keeps this up he'll will PFA player of the year etc. Hopefully Barca or Real etc won't come a'knockin too soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

players that did well - dawson , king , ekotto, bale , lennon, hudd, crouch , defoe

played badly - gomes, corluka , palacious,

gomes and dawson had a few issues where they got mixed up again. thats the goalies fault as he either calls or he dosent . looked like they were argueing when dawson took a kick out for him, gomes was injured and acting like a baby again.

corluka - what can i say, this lad is the most boring player in the premiership. compare him to glen johnson and he is not even worth a million quid.

palacious - what has happened him? if we were playing a top team last night he could have cost us two goals by losing the ball in important places

• Registered Users Posts: 9,741 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

mickman wrote: »
    players that did well - dawson , king , ekotto, bale , lennon, hudd, crouch , defoe

played badly - gomes, corluka , palacious,

gomes and dawson had a few issues where they got mixed up again. thats the goalies fault as he either calls or he dosent . looked like they were argueing when dawson took a kick out for him, gomes was injured and acting like a baby again.

corluka - what can i say, this lad is the most boring player in the premiership. compare him to glen johnson and he is not even worth a million quid.

palacious - what has happened him? if we were playing a top team last night he could have cost us two goals by losing the ball in important places

How much did we play for Corluka. I always thought we got him on the cheap and at the time we needed a reliable, steady if unspectaular RB and he ticked all the boxes, but I read a few times since that he spent 8-9million on him. If we did we were robbed.

Gomes can be the best in the world at times, but when times get tough he goes missing. He looked like he was about to cry when Dawson was telling him off last night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

mickman wrote: »

Dont worry about Wilson , he'll come right good again. All players have a little spell when it just doesnt go as it should. Its not a huge dip in form just a little bit of a wobble.

As for Corluka , I think he does a great job on the right. Hes no doubt ponderous when hes caught one on one out wide but he wanders forward at the right time , plays clever balls when he does and you wont see a big hole at right back where the right back should be ( take a bow Glenn Johnson :D ) too often.

Great to have finaly made it to the CL though. Its still sinking in. COYS :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

How much did we play for Corluka. I always thought we got him on the cheap and at the time we needed a reliable, steady if unspectaular RB and he ticked all the boxes, but I read a few times since that he spent 8-9million on him. If we did we were robbed.

Gomes can be the best in the world at times, but when times get tough he goes missing. He looked like he was about to cry when Dawson was telling him off last night.

we defo paid more than 6 million for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭Hatch99

Corluka is getting as lot of stick, unjust in my opinion. I'm not his biggest fan in the world, but I actually thought he did quite well last night.
    His main job is to defend and that's what he is doing quite well.

• Advertisement

It's a known fact that Young Boys can't keep clean sheets :D

Advertisement