Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Young Boys

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Lol, I love it

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Good one.

.. prompts me to ask the question, why are they called 'clean sheets' in the first place?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭salthillman

Good one.

.. prompts me to ask the question, why are they called 'clean sheets' in the first place?
    Because the sheet underneath the other teams name is blank (instead of goal scorers)?? Dunno though, I'd wikipedia it but im not bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Good one.

The term first appeared in the 1930s. Sports reporters of the era used separate pieces of paper to record the different statistical details of a game. If one team did not allow a goal, then that team's "details of goals conceded" page would appear blank, leaving a clean sheet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

The term first appeared in the 1930s. Sports reporters of the era used separate pieces of paper to record the different statistical details of a game. If one team did not allow a goal, then that team's "details of goals conceded" page would appear blank, leaving a clean sheet.

lads, come on and stop talking c***

we have the biggest draw of our lives in over an hour

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

:D @ Mickman

Getting a bit edging are we? Nerves getting to you... re: the big draw!!!

Advertisement