Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we allowed discuss volunteering position here?

• 23-08-2010 1:58pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As above, if we here of somewhere looking for volunteers, are we allowed post about it here?

It seems to be a fuzzy line, as I know we're not allowed look for help fundraising (fair enough), but I know of quite a few volunteering positions that would be great for people who are bored and out of work. Many of them could even be done from their own home (I just wrote a syllabus for a course in India from my bed).

So.....what's the story? I read the charter and it just says no fundraising, but I remember someone being called up on asking for volunteers too. But there could have been fundraising involved, I'm not sure.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭star gazer

Looking for volunteers in general is fine. If there were to be a number of different positions it would be best to post them to topic relevant existing threads where possible. There is a forum search function to see if there is a relevant thread in the past also. As an aside, if the positions were in 'for profit' organisations then it may not be allowed.
    If the role isn't primarily about fundraising its ok. Which is not to say that at points there wouldn't be limited fundraising activities involved in the role with the organisation.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

Thank you for that!

Advertisement