Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valkyria Chronicles 3?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just started the first one last week, looks promising :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

RedXIV wrote: »
    Just started the first one last week, looks promising :)

First one is my fav game of this generation. Probably won't get to play VC2 due to my lack of a PSP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Please be on the PS3 and not the PSP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,474 ✭✭✭✭noodler

All my qualms about PSP quality were averted with the ace Peace Walker.

I won't cry if it is on the PSP.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,655 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still in the midst of part one (currently play rate: two hours every month or so :pac:) and liking it, would love a full console sequel.

I've heard the second one is a bit of disappointment in many respects, or at least seems a little weak compared to Peace Walker?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,739 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What I'm hearing about VC2 is that the Combat is absolutely superb but the storyline isn't up to much but it's still excellent.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,655 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What I'm hearing about VC2 is that the Combat is absolutely superb but the storyline isn't up to much but it's still excellent.

The one thing that is putting me off is that I heard there is a lot of map recycling. It's the problem that totally sucked a lot of the character out of Katamari PSP too :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Is Isara alive in this or not?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Famistu have announced valkyria chronicles 3 is for the psp

Famistu have announced valkyria chronicles 3 is for the psp

Yeah, read that one this morning. Ah well, looks like I won't be playing this one either.

I have only put about 3 hours into VC2 so far but I am enjoying it.

It has more to it than the first one in terms of unit classes, the menus are better etc.

So far I am still at the stage where the missions are piss easy but I read they get great (and hard).

Characters are annoying so far (Especially the main guy, they use the odd sound effect to illustrate the mood of the character who is speaking (like in Persona, because they haven't voiced most of the dialogue) so you get wildyl inappropriate laughs sometimes etc).

There was a scene, spoiler but not really
    when the rebels arrive at a town and wipe out the some of the Darcens but they actually show you the men and women being shot like dogs which was a surprise.

This game probably suits the PSP more than the PS3 if you are willing to ignore the graphical loss.
    Still in the midst of part one (currently play rate: two hours every month or so ) and liking it, would love a full console sequel.

I've heard the second one is a bit of disappointment in many respects, or at least seems a little weak compared to Peace Walker?

Everything seems weak to PW at the moment - thats my problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

I haven't even bought VC2 yet, I only just finished Peace Walker anyways (and not even close to S-ranking everything etc). I realise people are disappointed that VC3 is on PSP as well, but Siliconera report that the producer of the games "mentioned the long development time between the PSP and the PS3 version (over two years) was one of the reasons Valkyria Chronicles 3 is on PSP. He feels they need an innovative idea to make a new PS3 game standout." To me that reads like they're working on another entry in the series for PS3, or at the very least interested in doing so.

GothPunk wrote: »
    I haven't even bought VC2 yet, I only just finished Peace Walker anyways (and not even close to S-ranking everything etc). I realise people are disappointed that VC3 is on PSP as well, but Siliconera report that the producer of the games "mentioned the long development time between the PSP and the PS3 version (over two years) was one of the reasons Valkyria Chronicles 3 is on PSP. He feels they need an innovative idea to make a new PS3 game standout." To me that reads like they're working on another entry in the series for PS3, or at the very least interested in doing so.

Why on earth are you trying to S-Rank everything?

Was a serious amount of work for me just to finish the near 200 extra ops!

noodler wrote: »
    Why on earth are you trying to S-Rank everything?

Was a serious amount of work for me just to finish the near 200 extra ops!
    I want the secret ending! I suppose I might just YouTube it, but it's fun trying to S-Rank everything. I've been playing some of the missions in co-op as well, it's class.

I wonder what VC2 is like in co-op, I'll have to see if I can get the OH to play it with me when I get it.

My biggest fear with the game coming to PSP is that I very much doubt VC2 is going to perform well in the west and when the 3DS comes out the PSP will be effectively dead and we will never get a western release of the game.

GothPunk wrote: »
    I want the secret ending! I suppose I might just YouTube it, but it's fun trying to S-Rank everything. I've been playing some of the missions in co-op as well, it's class.

I wonder what VC2 is like in co-op, I'll have to see if I can get the OH to play it with me when I get it.

Oh you misinformed fool!

The 2nd ending is got by
    completeing Zeke
    which I persume you have done.

But the thing I think you are talking about only requires you finish every mission - not S-Rank it! Unless theres yet another secret something-or-other ending scene but I have not heard anything about that.

Noodler, I heard that the story is very poor but the battles do get tougher and far better, requiring even more strategy than the first game even. Got mine in the post today,not sure whether to play this or SMT Strange Journey first. I think it's time to get rid of my custom firmware, it's just a pain and I don't use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

First trailer, from Gametrailers

Not much to say, all from the animated cut-scenes so no gameplay. Also in Japanese so understand f-all.

• Advertisement

Started VC2 today. The storyline might be trying to ape Persona badly and the cast a group of unlikeable bellends but the gameplay is still excellent. I've no problems with it even if th scale of the battles is smaller, I'm sure the multiple battlefields thing will come into play a lot more.

Not sure why they show an anime then announce it as the game, they're probably going to be release both at the same time and cover the same events.

valkyria3tgs01.jpg

valkyria3tgs02.jpg

valkyria3tgs03.jpg

valkyria3tgs04.jpg

valkyria3tgs05.jpg

valkyria3tgs06.jpg

valkyria3tgs07.jpg

valkyria3tgs08.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Arent those the cutscenes between missions?

Also, gameplay trailer. Not much, mostly recorded from the booth by someone who is bloody bad at the game.

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Arent those the cutscenes between missions?

Also, gameplay trailer. Not much, mostly recorded from the booth by someone who is bloody bad at the game.

3 of the pictures seem to be game play, and if you're talking about the trailer it looks the same as the previous anime and i don't think it's the cutscenes as they'll probably be in engine.

Varik wrote: »
    3 of the pictures seem to be game play, and if you're talking about the trailer it looks the same as the previous anime and i don't think it's the cutscenes as they'll probably be in engine.
    The cutscenes in Valkyria Chronicles 2 are anime as well, as in engine cutscenes of that scale on the PSP would look like ass.

Regarding VC2:

"I'll do it!"

"Aha, ha, aha ha, ha ha ha ha ha"

His laugh really is annoying and stupid :)

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    His laugh really is annoying and stupid :)

I'm well into VC2 at this stage.

What an excellent game. The stroy has really progressed well.

Must be nearing the end at this stage
    Rebels just invaded Lanseal and have now taken over Randrigz.

I still haven't bought it...

Shame on me. :(

• Advertisement

If VC3 doesn't get localised, I'm putting al the blame on you.

Advertisement