Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valkyria Chronicles 3?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If VC3 doesn't get localised, I'm putting al the blame on you.

I actually think I am glad the 3rd one is on PSP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

How so? Haven't played much of VC2 but the scale of the battles is much smaller and the graphics while nice aren't a patch on the gorgeous original? Story hasn't warmed to me either but again haven't played much of it. Still heard that VC3 is back to the darker tone of VC and the battles are much bigger scale. I'm not saying VC2 isn't good, it's fantastic but I think it loses a bit being on the handheld. Biggest worry for me though is the state of the PSP market means it's less likely to be localised. Anyway interested in hearing your opinion.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    How so? Haven't played much of VC2 but the scale of the battles is much smaller and the graphics while nice aren't a patch on the gorgeous original? Story hasn't warmed to me either but again haven't played much of it. Still heard that VC3 is back to the darker tone of VC and the battles are much bigger scale. I'm not saying VC2 isn't good, it's fantastic but I think it loses a bit being on the handheld. Biggest worry for me though is the state of the PSP market means it's less likely to be localised. Anyway interested in hearing your opinion.

This is the important bit!

For a start, the gameplay is perfectly suited to a handheld, I am 30 hours (and a at a guess 80%) in and have completed about 50 missions. Granted, they haven't been quite the scale of some of the ones in the original but some have been huge and the multiple maps thing gives it another dimension.

The main thing is the fact it is turned based though - it just suits the PSP so well. The story, although you sometiems you are being dripfed the best bits, has progressed alot since the start of the game.

The rebels give the game another dimension as well.

Just finished this (VC2) last night. Jesus it is long.

Took me 52 hours and I stopped doing extra missions in the last couple of months.

• Advertisement

Eh, it looks identical to VC2.

Advertisement