Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football Boots

• 23-08-2010 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Hi all, looking to get a new pair of boots before the footy season starts, would anyone be able to recommend a good site where I could pick up a decent pair cheap enough ? Also I'm going back to join a team after taking a break for a few years so if anyone has any recommendations about which type of boot I should buy please let me know, I have a budget of about 100

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

http://www.prodirectsoccer.co.uk/home.asp

I'd recomend theses, they are comfortable enough and long lasting and they have a good few colours.
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.co.uk/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-001-A08&DEPT=2&BRAND=1&SS=1&PROFILE=Heritage

Pro Direct delivery times are pretty quick aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Scoobydooo

Thanks mate that site looks good, just a quick question I notice a lot of the boots are specifically for either firm ground or soft which would be more suited to irish pitches ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Scoobydooo wrote: »
    Thanks mate that site looks good, just a quick question I notice a lot of the boots are specifically for either firm ground or soft which would be more suited to irish pitches ?
    Wellies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

F30s 40 euro in JJB Liffey Valley

JJB have a cracking sale on atm for boots. Also the Nike store in Kildare has decent prices atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I know they're different but Adipures are very like those Heritage yokes. Wouldn't recommend them at all. Sole came off at the front after 6 months (granted I got them on Ebay!!) I'm looking for a pair myself as a result, and I'm in goals. Round about the same budget as OP, suggestions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.co.uk/home.asp

I'd recomend theses, they are comfortable enough and long lasting and they have a good few colours.
    http://www.prodirectsoccer.co.uk/prodinfo.asp?PID=PDS-002-001-A08&DEPT=2&BRAND=1&SS=1&PROFILE=Heritage

Pro Direct delivery times are pretty quick aswell

sure what does that matter :confused:

Copa mundials, yer only boots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭anplaya

adidas wc or copas. simple as.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

Adipure's or Coppa Mundial's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,525 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

copa.jpg

You can't go wrong with these.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

copas going for €50 in lifestyle in Dun Laoghaire, i bought 2 pairs :D - i assume it's the same in all lifestyle stores

the adipure things are not the best, blisters on achilles being the main problem, never liked the fit either, gave them away in the end

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

Has anyone had any experiences ordering with prodirectsoccer, I placed an order during the week but had an email to confirm my credit card details and address which I did but I've had no further contact with them and the order hasn't been shipped yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Has anyone had any experiences ordering with prodirectsoccer, I placed an order during the week but had an email to confirm my credit card details and address which I did but I've had no further contact with them and the order hasn't been shipped yet

Yes, they're legit. Very quick service too.

My only grumble was the postage i had to pay to send a pair back because it was the wrong size. It was fairly hefty. They can't really be blamed for that though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,562 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I have used them in the past with no problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,814 ✭✭✭Nemanja91

When I ordered my boots I didn't even get a confirmation email, I ordered them on a Tuesday night and had them delivered on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Nemanja91 wrote: »
    When I ordered my boots I didn't even get a confirmation email, I ordered them on a Tuesday night and had them delivered on Friday.

That happened twice with me i think. My last time using them was fine though, got the email etc..

Advertisement