Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat Leaving Cert Dublin - non private school!

• 23-08-2010 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

So my brother has decided to repeat his leaving cert and has applied to Ringsend Institute of Technology. It's meant to be a great school for the repeat course and are really friendly, full of information. Unfortunately though the course will only run if they get enough students (minimum 25). Does anyone know of anywhere else in Dublin doing repeat leaving cert courses that isn't private? He's already applied to Rathmines and is waiting to hear back.
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Alan Noir

Keep annoying Rathmines. Loads drop out quickly anyway. Try Greenhills College too, they used to run one.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Toffypop

He got an email from Rathmines confirming he was on a waiting list and would hear next week, no harm in giving thema call though to follow up.
    Thanks for the greenhills tip, doesn't look like they do it anymore. I'm give them a buzz though. We were hoping to find somewhere a bit closer to the city centre for commuting and the like

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭McGarnagle92

I'm just after repeating in Plunket College, Swords Road, Dulbin 9.
    They had about 200 in the year this year. It's always on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Its a funny one that.
    I don't think you have an automatic right to be accepted in any repeat course, because free secondary education is only legally provided once.

Lots of schools will accept you though so good luck with the hunt.
    I know my school Coláiste Éanna in Ballyroan D. 16 had repeats, but I wouldn't go calling it a wonderful school either.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Toffypop

Thanks for the replies guys, we're holding out for Ringsend or Rathmines and applying to Plunkett today! Hopefully more students will apply to repeat in Ringsend over the next week (yes selfish us!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement