Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kerry Championships 2010

• 23-08-2010 2:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi,

I have just got word of a Kerry Championships road race that is to be held near Castleisland on the 25th of September. There will be prizes for seperate categories. More details to follow, will keep ye posted. Would be great if it went ahead though.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭crashoveroid

Hi,

I have just got word of a Kerry Championships road race that is to be held near Castleisland on the 25th of September. There will be prizes for seperate categories. More details to follow, will keep ye posted. Would be great if it went ahead though.

Is there any more details a website who is hosting ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭thekerrycyclist

Well I'm not sure yet there was a meeting last week with many clubs involved. I am awaiting more information. I will post information about it up on kerrycycling.com hopefully before end of day ar latest tomorrow.

After a lapse of 10 years the Kerry County Cycling Championships will return this year and be held in Cordal on Sept 25th. The route starts on top of the hill in Ardmona down towards Cordal where it will take a left at Hughes bar and past the GAA pitch and continues to the grotto at Killmurry NS where it takes another left to the Grotto on the main cordal rd and then left again up Ardmona.The race will be 10 laps of this circuit… and is open to all categories of cyclist provided that they are from Kerry or belong to a Kerry club.
    The race will see all categories start at same time with the first person across the outright winner but winners will be awarded in all other categories plus a team prize for the event too.

Sourced from http://currowcc.com/2010/08/24/kerry-county-championship/

After a lapse of 10 years the Kerry County Cycling Championships will return this year and be held in Cordal on Sept 25th. The route starts on top of the hill in Ardmona down towards Cordal where it will take a left at Hughes bar and past the GAA pitch and continues to the grotto at Killmurry NS where it takes another left to the Grotto on the main cordal rd and then left again up Ardmona.The race will be 10 laps of this circuit… and is open to all categories of cyclist provided that they are from Kerry or belong to a Kerry club.
    The race will see all categories start at same time with the first person across the outright winner but winners will be awarded in all other categories plus a team prize for the event too.

Sourced from http://currowcc.com/2010/08/24/kerry-county-championship/

Thats great more racing right up to the end of September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭CheGuedara

I'll have the word out to the Chain Gang this evening. Could be a bit of fun -

I'm assuming there will be a full spread of categories including junior, womens, vets to be contested too, not just A1-4?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Any chance of a map. Course seems short - my big worry would be being lapped and becoming a mobile chicane for other riders.

Tried to figure it out and put it on MMR - best guess is it's a 6-8km circuit but can't figure it for sure

Hey Guys, sorry for the lack of detail, here is an update

The Kerry County Cycling Championships will return this year and be held in Cordal on Sept 25th.
    Mass Start event over 30 miles (10 x 3 mile laps)
    All Cyclists from Kerry or with a Kerry Club are eligible
    Sign on from Cordal Community Centre/GAA Pitch from 3pm to 3.30pm
    Championship Medals for the first 3 in the following Categories
    · First 3 Men
    · A2 Men
    · A3 Men
    · A4 Men
    · Ladies
    · Over 40 Men
    · Over 50 Men
    · Over 60 Men
    · Junior (U18) Men
    · Under 16 (Boys and Girls)

Team Prize (First 3) for All Kerry Clubs across all Categories – 4 to score with clubs not allowed B teams and clubs do not have to nominate their 4 before the event.

Note - Cyclists can win the overall prize and another in their own category. Cyclists can also compete for Veteran or Junior plus A2, A3 and A4 prizes.

One Day Licences available on the day.

Promoted by Currow CC in association with all the other Cycling Ireland Cycling Clubs of Kerry.

This looks like a great day and perfect setup for racing, it's only 30 miles and with a three mile circuit, everyone should not be afraid to give this one a lash.

The Kerry County Cycling Championships will return this year and be held in Cordal on Sept 25th.
    · First 3 Men
    · A2 Men
    · A3 Men
    · A4 Men
    · Ladies
    · Over 40 Men
    · Over 50 Men
    · Over 60 Men
    · Junior (U18) Men

Team Prize (First 3) for All Kerry Clubs across all Categories – 4 to score with clubs not allowed B teams and clubs do not have to nominate their 4 before the event.

Note - Cyclists can win the overall prize and another in their own category. Cyclists can also compete for Veteran or Junior plus A2, A3 and A4 prizes.

Promoted by Currow CC in association with all the other Cycling Ireland Cycling Clubs of Kerry.

This looks like a great day and perfect setup for racing, it's only 30 miles and with a three mile circuit, everyone should not be afraid to give this one a lash.

Sweet sounds good

· First 3 Men
    · A2 Men
    · A3 Men
    · A4 Men
    · Ladies
    · Over 40 Men
    · Over 50 Men
    · Over 60 Men
    · Junior (U18) Men

Any one know where the sign on is for this and what time?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭High Nellie

See above - 'sign on from Cordal Community Centre/GAA Pitch from 3pm to 3.30pm'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Anyone got this on Ridewithgps or similar.

3 Mile circuit seems crazy short, 10 laps, a lot of room for some shenanigans methinks ! :pac:

Just curious why Currow didn't do 3 laps of their race circuit.

I'm fairly sure this is it.

Looks to be dead flat and should make for a fast race.

Cheers D ! See yas on Sat :D

Murph100 wrote: »
    Cheers D ! See yas on Sat :D

So Murph up the road from the gun.

Yup, stuck to your wheel !! :D

So Murph up the road from the gun.

Yup, stuck to your wheel !! :D

Dam you figured my well laid out plan for the day. The only good thing its such a short race

I'm hoping you'll be hanging on to one of the Lacy's wheels !! ( not that I'd last 2 secs at that pace :rolleyes: )
    Dam you figured my well laid out plan for the day. The only good thing its such a short race

I'm hoping you'll be hanging on to one of the Lacy's wheels !! ( not that I'd last 2 secs at that pace :rolleyes: )

If i can ride and attack at the B-Champs last week i think i should be ok next week.

Deadly, thats me sorted so then !!! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36 abbeyside1

If i can ride and attack at the B-Champs last week i think i should be ok next week.
    Yeah but where were you at the finish of the race?60th?:(

abbeyside1 wrote: »
    Yeah but where were you at the finish of the race?60th?:(

Bunch finish for me.:)

Chuffed with the Chain Gang CC performance today - with one rider taking 3rd across the line and the A4 win, our junior taking the Junior win, our youngest member taking 2nd in the U16 and two of our ladies taking 1st and 2nd in their category it's a great way to round off a great year of cycling :D.

Have only heard reports as I wasn't there myself but I believe Crashoveroid took 2nd overall and the A3 win and Murph100 crashed out on the route which robbed him of a chance to place in the race [hope there's no bad injuries to man or machine - 2011 will bring another chance to take a county medal home!]

Well done to all that went out and gave it a lash and saw the return of Kerry Championship racing after such a long break in it's running, here's to it continuing long into the future

What a good day im really chuffed first placing of the year second overall and to take the A3 champ prize.

Thanks for the Chain gang for the lead out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

What a good day im really chuffed first placing of the year second overall and to take the A3 champ prize.

Thanks for the Chain gang for the lead out:)

Well done. I thought this was on tomorrow. I was primed for tomorrow?

Was there a good turnout? Good weather at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭kerryscoob

Well done to Currow CC.

Son took the u16 title, when coming in with the bunch so he was happy.
    Well done Crashoveroid, the ex-pats did very well out of today.:D

ROK ON wrote: »
    Well done. I thought this was on tomorrow. I was primed for tomorrow?

Was there a good turnout? Good weather at least.

As far as i could see between 40 to 60 signed on.

Well done to Currow great event and to all the other clubs that mucked in as well.

If anyone got some pictures of the event i would love to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭rash

As far as i could see between 40 to 60 signed on.

Well done to Currow great event and to all the other clubs that mucked in as well.

If anyone got some pictures of the event i would love to see them.

Some pics http://www.killorglincycling.com/?p=481

Will the category winners wear the county colours as arm stripes next year? Woudn't it be nice if all the counties had champs as good as this one and the category winners had the distinction of wearing the colours the following year??

• Advertisement

Will the category winners wear the county colours as arm stripes next year? Woudn't it be nice if all the counties had champs as good as this one and the category winners had the distinction of wearing the colours the following year??

It would be great to be in county strip all year.

Couldn't be too difficult to sew a green and a yellow band onto the sleeve of a jersey. Would be a subtle nod at the acheivement.

But, on the other hand, that would mean green and gold stripes on two Cork jerseys (presuming Borsnan and Lawlor are staying put, that is)!
    I'm sure The Edge business sponsor wouldn't mind though, whatever about the Barrs!

Interesting thought - I'm sure they won't mind having a county champ from Kerry on their books though :D And who knows maybe it'll rub off on others and they'll develop handy footballing skills :p

I was surprised entry was extended beyond Kerry Clubs TBH. It would beg the question of entry to Cork Co. cycling champs (assuming there is such a thing) - I mean could a person from Kerry, solidly with a Kerry Club but born in Cork have eligibility to enter? Or is there a grand parent rule or stipulation of residency i.e. lived in the county for the last 12 months or similar? Could be a lot of Kerry cyclists eligible to take part depending on the criteria...

Regs. had it as

"and is open to all categories of cyclist provided that they are from Kerry or belong to a Kerry club."

Niall,Maurice and my fella filled that criteria.:D

CheGuedara wrote: »
    Interesting thought - I'm sure they won't mind having a county champ from Kerry on their books though :D And who knows maybe it'll rub off on others and they'll develop handy footballing skills :p

I was surprised entry was extended beyond Kerry Clubs TBH. It would beg the question of entry to Cork Co. cycling champs (assuming there is such a thing) - I mean could a person from Kerry, solidly with a Kerry Club but born in Cork have eligibility to enter? Or is there a grand parent rule or stipulation of residency i.e. lived in the county for the last 12 months or similar? Could be a lot of Kerry cyclists eligible to take part depending on the criteria...

Its the very same for Cork as Kerry becasue Niall placed in the top 3 in the Cork Champs.

• Advertisement

But, on the other hand, that would mean green and gold stripes on two Cork jerseys (presuming Borsnan and Lawlor are staying put, that is)!
    I'm sure The Edge business sponsor wouldn't mind though, whatever about the Barrs!

The Barrs would be fine about it.

Crash! Dylan also has Cork TT U16 crown;)

kerryscoob wrote: »
    Crash! Dylan also has Cork TT U16 crown;)

The Barrs can now confirm due to Dylan's fantastic year St FInbarrs CC has signed him for the 2011 season.

Hi All,

I took some videos of the race that are posted here http://www.vimeo.com/kerrycyclist/videos

Hi All,

I took some videos of the race that are posted here http://www.vimeo.com/kerrycyclist/videos

Sweet Vids

• Advertisement
Advertisement