Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rc nitro car

Options
  • 23-08-2010 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1

hi everyone i have a hpi rs4 rtr3 drift and at the moment its not working it starts but then cuts out. when it starts and does stay on it has bad throttle response when you give it full throttle. does anyone know an rc shop in dublin where i could get it fixed :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Hi there

I'm guessing that's some sort of model car?

The Help Desk is for people who are having problems using the site or who have an issue with a moderation decision and only you can answer your thread there so I'm going to slide this into the Models forum and hope that's the right one (I don't think we've an additional forumspecifically for model things with engines)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Drifter67 wrote: »
    hi everyone i have a hpi rs4 rtr3 drift and at the moment its not working it starts but then cuts out. when it starts and does stay on it has bad throttle response when you give it full throttle. does anyone know an rc shop in dublin where i could get it fixed :D

Did you happen to read the General Guide thread yet? It has a list of places where you can get assistance, ranging from clubs to shops.

From what you said, I am supposing the idle jet is still at maker's setting, I'd be inclined to think you have the main jet tuned too rich. It's difficult to tune them right until you "pick it up", especially if it is your first nitro engine model.
    There is advice here Nitro engine tuning FAQs, but if it's too rich you must screw the main (large) carburettor adjuster screw inwards until the engine gets snappier, more powerful, but not so far that it won't start, overheats, or cuts out after starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭stedabee

Drifter67 wrote: »

It very important that you run 16% nitro through the engine before any use. Whens thats done turn the carburetor screw all the way in then unscrew it 360 degrees anticlockwise twice, try start it....if it starts hold the trottle at 5% then start screwing the carburetor screw back in until you find the engine reving higher. Try a few bursts of power until it wont cut out!

Advertisement