Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Joining a Club

• 23-08-2010 2:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭

Looking to join a cycling club for road biking. Did nothing last winter and don't want to go backwards again. Living in Finglas. I did a few spins with Finglas Raven's last yr but they seem to be a bit disorganised. would Swords be my best bet to get in touch with? Would like to race next year also if I have the time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

SwordsCC what your lookin for, you'd look good in Blue! New members welcome :D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 296 ✭✭Staro

07Lapierre wrote: »
    SwordsCC what your lookin for, you'd look good in Blue! New members welcome :D.

+ one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

Swords is a great club to join. The league is great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

what would training for a newbie consist of? i went out once with the elderly group on a Sat r Sun a.m. last yr. didn't realise it was an over 60s group and it was freezing cold and I had no leg warmers at the time, or gloves so I was bitter cold coz of slow pace and got a puncture to top it all off. boy was that offputting.

thankfully I've invested in some thermal gear and gloves since then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,256 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

what would training for a newbie consist of? i went out once with the elderly group on a Sat r Sun a.m. last yr. didn't realise it was an over 60s group and it was freezing cold and I had no leg warmers at the time, or gloves so I was bitter cold coz of slow pace and got a puncture to top it all off. boy was that offputting.

thankfully I've invested in some thermal gear and gloves since then.

info on Training Spins here. Very few people complain about any of our groups going too slow thats for sure!

Membership info Here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭pprendeville

well as I said it was the leisurely spin so i should have expected a slower ride.

so John Ward is the man to contact for the training group? think that would be what I'm suited to for now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,317 ✭✭✭✭Raam

well as I said it was the leisurely spin so i should have expected a slower ride.

so John Ward is the man to contact for the training group? think that would be what I'm suited to for now anyway.

He is more touring, but he is good to talk to if you want to get into racing. I had a chat with him before I joined the club.

Advertisement