Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Constantly having to log-in

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Today I have noticed that I have to login continuously.

Example, if I am viewing Fashion & Appearance and then I go to The Ladies Lounge when I go to The Ladies Lounge, I have to login again.

I don't remember ever having to do this before and it is annoying.

When I login I click the 'remember me' box, but it doesn't remember me lol.

How can I fix this?

PS: I am not sure if this is in the right place, so if it isn't I apologize as I am not sure where else to post it. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

This forum's perfect for the query.:)

If you're ticking the "remember me" box and it's still doing this, you've probably got a dodgy browser cache. Ideally you should clear the cache however your browser allows you to (in Firefox for example it'd be Tools - Clear Recent History, set time to everything and make sure cache is selected). It's sort of using a hammer to screw in a nail but it'll almost certainly work.

Alternatively, try logging in, going to any thread and holding down ctrl and hitting F5. That's a hard cache reset of the page. It should get the right settings from the database.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭The Lovely Muffin

Thank you for your reply.

The problem seems to be fixed now.

Whenever I close the browser (I use Google Chrome) history, cookies, cache etc everything is cleared.

I had tried re-starting the computer a few times and again it didn't do anything.

Like I said the problem seems to be fixed now, but if it happens again, I'll post here (if the thread is open lol).

Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement