Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Student = Over 23 on Jan 1st??

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:22pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

Is this true? If so, that is completely and utterly ridiculous. Why do they not use the date the course starts?

My bday is Jan 5th, so despite being 23 and 9 months I would not be counted as a mature student, so would effectively have to wait til I was almost 25.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭redout

Is this true? If so, that is completely and utterly ridiculous. Why do they not use the date the course starts?

My bday is Jan 5th, so despite being 23 and 9 months I would not be counted as a mature student, so would effectively have to wait til I was almost 25.

Yeah it has always been 23 on or before the 1st of January in the year you wish to commence as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Feu

all the courses/unis start on different dates so it makes sense to have 1 set date. This is pretty standard, for example sports teams etc!

Advertisement