Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Little Old Ladys Kitten Grudge!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elpoder

The cat should be allowed **** in her mouth as payback!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Someone's just posted her phone-number and home address on Facebook.

Now I am in no way defending the woman or her vile actions, but that is going a bit far.

Yeah the cat should get her house and Mary should go live in the bin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

She could live in a bin
    Well her current address is now a has-bin (for she will have to move).
    It would not be cat if she was charged any way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Sad thing is, chances are it wasn't just bad luck on her part that the one time she did something like this there happened to be a private CCTV camera at the house! She could have killed/injured plenty of other animals that no one knows about. :( Such a sick thing to do!

Sad thing is, chances are it wasn't just bad luck on her part that the one time she did something like this there happened to be a private CCTV camera at the house! She could have killed/injured plenty of other animals that no one knows about...

True.

You got to love Karma! :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Deus Ex Machina

The outcry over this seems to be a bit out of whack, why do people care so much?

In other news, 32 people were gunned down in Mogadishu today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mojorex

Get a grip people, theres more important things happening in the world, i.e the tragedy in Pakistan and the invasion of Afghanistan,

mojorex wrote: »
    Get a grip people, theres more important things happening in the world, i.e the tragedy in Pakistan and the invasion of Afghanistan,
    Indeed and there is those topics here too as threads I suspect.
    Bold us for also mentioning another subject. :rolleyes:

The outcry over this seems to be a bit out of whack, why do people care so much?

And 20 million risk starvation after being flooded out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭PCros

Its just something different and we are presented with raw footage.

Somalian's killing each other for the past 20 years - nothing new there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,397 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

That invasion was a few years back

The woman is now trying to claim she is a cat lover! LOL
    Call me a cynic but I'm opting not to believe her.

See: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1305751/Facebook-protest-woman-cat-wheelie-bin-gets-police-protection.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

bnt wrote: »
    getting some protection from police. . :mad:
    :mad: x million

Get her on Animal Cops Houston and she'd know what its all about. As mental as Americans are on most things...they do it properly mental when it comes down to it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Just saw it on sky news. Pretty disturbing to watch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

It seems that she's now the subject of a rather large hate campaign...posting her address and phone number is a bit out of order...you'd think she was Larry Murphy or someone...check out all the keyboard warriors on the hate page.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mary-Bale-should-be-locked-up-for-putting-Lola-the-cat-in-a-bin/143264509046903?v=wall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

I could not believe it when I saw it on the news!! It was just completely random, one minute she's petting the cat, next she just dumps it in the bin. You might expect this from a bunch of young lads, but not from someone her age. :confused: Although there might be more to this than meets the eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭flyton5

I could not believe it when I saw it on the news!! It was just completely random, one minute she's petting the cat, next she just dumps it in the bin. You might expect this from a bunch of young lads, but not from someone her age. :confused: Although there might be more to this than meets the eye.

There's definately more to this than meets the eye. She could be suffering from schitzophrenia or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

More to it? What, like the kitten was the reincarnation of the man that murdered her grandfather?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dylano_k

Don't usually come onto boards and see a video of a woman shoving a pussy into her neighbours smelly box but hey, while im here :pac:

• Advertisement

These things are reported aswell.. Should we not be disgusted because worse things are happening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

strobe wrote: »
    More to it? What, like the kitten was the reincarnation of the man that murdered her grandfather?
    Aw be nice! :pac: The video just seems a bit odd that's all so I feel there's more to it.

“I don’t know what all the fuss is about, it’s just a cat,”

From the The Times:
    A woman captured on CCTV dumping a cat into a wheelie bin was defended as an “animal lover” by her family after she became a figure of hate on the internet.

Police monitored the home of Mary Bale, 45, in Coventry yesterday when a large crowd gathered outside. Death threats had been made against her.

The footage, taken from security cameras outside the cat owners’ home, is now one of the most watched clips on YouTube. It shows her stroking the cat, called Lola, before grabbing it by the scruff of the neck and throwing it into the bin. She then closes the lid and quickly walks away.

The owners released the footage on the internet and set up a Facebook page to try to identify the woman. It attracted thousands of supporters, many suggesting violent punishments for Ms Bale.

The bank worker faces an investigation by the RSPCA after it concluded that her actions could constitute animal cruelty.

Celia Bale, her mother, said: “Her father is in hospital and very ill. I think she was just in a world of her own — we all are at the moment. Mary said she just didn’t know what possessed her, or what came over her. It’s just very strange because she cannot explain her actions at all. She absolutely adores cats. She’s an animal lover.”

Darryl and Stephanie Mann, Lola’s owners, said that the four-year-old cat was trapped in the bin for 15 hours but had emerged uninjured. Mr Mann heard meowing when he went to his car on Sunday morning and found Lola in the bin. He later checked his CCTV to see how she had got in there. He said that he had installed security cameras two years ago after his car was repeatedly knocked by careless drivers.

West Midlands Police said that they were supporting the RSPCA’s investigation but that Ms Bale had not committed a criminal offence.

Ms Bale has told The Sun that she is bewildered by the outrage. “I don’t know what all the fuss is about, it’s just a cat,” she said.

“I was walking home from work on Saturday night and saw this cat wander out in front of me. I was playing with it, stroking it and listening to it purr as it stood on a wall. It was very friendly.

“I don’t know what came over me, but I suddenly thought it would be funny. I never thought it would be trapped. Cats are good climbers and I assumed it would just scramble out.

“People are reading too much into things. I’ve no feelings about cats one way or another.”

What ever she hell this lunatic woman thought - this was a pet that belonged to someone and was loved!
    How dare she just take someone's property alone and dump it into a bin!
    Ruddy disgraceful and she ought to be ashamed of herself for the rest of her life.

She brought this wave of repulsion upon herself by her own very actions.
    NO sympathy for the cow whatsoever.

Source: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2172/wwwthetimescoukttonewsu.jpg
    I love the top comment in the paper - just goes to show the family's hypocrisy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭Kimia

I'm sickened by this too. I truly believe that people who show no empathy to animals have a screw loose. Clearly this women is mentally ill, she must be, at least suffering from a serious personality disorder shown by her complete denial of responsibility and lack of understanding of the severity of the situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

her worst trouble was getting caught on camera - everybody's entitled to a bad day every now and then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

Do you know what the worst thing about this is?

That poor cat who, before what that bitch did to her happened, was evidently a very friendly cat.

Now she will be terrified of anyone who approaches her :(

• Advertisement

Do you know what the worst thing about this is?

That poor cat who, before what that bitch did to her happened, was evidently a very friendly cat.

Now she will be terrified of anyone who approaches her :(
    ...Or have a fear of confined spaces or being trapped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭fonecrusher1

Kimia wrote: »
    I'm sickened by this too. I truly believe that people who show no empathy to animals have a screw loose. Clearly this women is mentally ill, she must be, at least suffering from a serious personality disorder shown by her complete denial of responsibility and lack of understanding of the severity of the situation.

She's not mentally ill.

She's just a bad oul fcuker who'll now be known as; that stupid hag that dumped the cat in the wheelie bin - for the rest of her life.

Oh & the mother talking about her very sick father?....i don't give a sh!t. Absolutely nothing to do with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

Reminds me of this :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nodster wrote: »
    her worst trouble was getting caught on camera - everybody's entitled to a bad day every now and then!

Eh right, I don't know about you, but not even on my worst day will I ever throw a living creature into a bin.

• Advertisement

She walks past those wheelie bins fairly quickly....pun to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=gD7gVkWUUFc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

She walks past those wheelie bins fairly quickly....pun to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=gD7gVkWUUFc

'Mind the bins'

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

So her mother says "shes an animal lover and loves cats"...yet the woman herself says "its just a cat i dont know what all the fuss is about, ive no feelings either way for them". Hmmmm....talk about the wrong way to try and redeem yourself :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,129 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Biggins wrote: »
    “I don’t know what all the fuss is about, it’s just a cat,”

From the The Times:

What ever she hell this lunatic woman thought - this was a pet that belonged to someone and was loved!
    How dare she just take someone's property alone and dump it into a bin!
    Ruddy disgraceful and she ought to be ashamed of herself for the rest of her life.

She brought this wave of repulsion upon herself by her own very actions.
    NO sympathy for the cow whatsoever.

Source: http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/2172/wwwthetimescoukttonewsu.jpg
    I love the top comment in the paper - just goes to show the family's hypocrisy.

She certainly knows how to wind up the mob with a comment like that, the mad bitch.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    She certainly knows how to wind up the mob with a comment like that, the mad bitch.

Indeed.
    Her family say and try to make out she loves cats and yet by her own actual words - she couldn't give a toss either way!
    ...Well, except for the occasional toss into a bin! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

What really grinds my gears about this woman is the whole "I did it for a laugh" attitude she seems to have. I was bullied all through school by people who were 'only having a laugh'. I've had my property stolen and destroyed 'for a laugh'. I've been yelled at in the street and had thing thrown at my dogs 'for a laugh'.

People who do such things 'for a laugh' rarely have any empathy or consideration for other people or their property. Such an attitude gives the impression that they see everything on earth, animal, vegetable or mineral, is there to do with as they wish for their own amusement. They see people and animals as Things rather than actual thinking, feeling, beings.

I would never advocate threatening someone's life, but this woman certainly deserves to be ostracised from her community. And I'm not in the least bit upset that she could lose her job; the company, understandably, would not want to be associated with such a callous person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭Stercus Accidit

LOL

Why is everyone going nuts over this, the cat is unhurt, and was never close to being hurt, this is ridiculous the amount of attention this is getting, absolutely ridiculous.

There are WARS going on right now FFS.

The Bush regime should have had people dumping cats in bins left right and centre and we'd still believe there were WMD's, people would be so distracted by the 'kittens' (pretty big f*ckin kitten if ye ask me).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

As much as I love cats I can't help feeling that stuff like hunting people down on the internet, posting death threats and the likes is going way overboard and blowing things out of proportion. No matter what she's doen she's still a human being (just).
    Also what is it with people who feel more empathy with an animal who is treated cruelly than a human who get's similar treatment?
    An awful lot of double standards out there.

The irony is if this woman really had it in for a bunch of kittens, put them in a bag and f*cked them in a river, no-one would be any the wiser, even if someone did see it on cctv, and that kind of thing happens a lot more often than something like this.

I am not for one moment excusing what she did, nor playing devil's advocate nor taking the alternative view for argument's sake, but seriously, some people need to get a grip about what is deserving of death threats and people needing a panda car sitting outside their house whilst their father's lying in hospital, and what isn't.
    If the cat had later been found dead would this woman be in real danger of being killed herslf? With the amount of nutjobs and facebook tards out there, who knows?
    What a sick society we really inhabit...on both sides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭greenmachine88

I read about this story a few days ago, what sick f**** would throw a defenseless animal in a bin? I don't care what the consequences for her actions are, she has received death threats and rightly so, I wouldn't care if someone actually shot her, personally I'd like to throw her off a cliff.

I care more for animal welfare than human welfare anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

....and I'd be right behind you on top of that cliff ;)

• Advertisement

I read about this story a few days ago, what sick f**** would throw a defenseless animal in a bin? I don't care what the consequences for her actions are, she has received death threats and rightly so, I wouldn't care if someone actually shot her, personally I'd like to throw her off a cliff.

I care more for animal welfare than human welfare anyway.

This sounds like the ramblings of a sociopathic hypocrite, and is a good example of the lack of f*cking rationality people have when a bloody cat is involved.

Put her in a bin for a few hours, that would be an actual proportional punishment.

LOL

Why is everyone going nuts over this, the cat is unhurt, and was never close to being hurt, this is ridiculous the amount of attention this is getting, absolutely ridiculous.

The Bush regime should have had people dumping cats in bins left right and centre and we'd still believe there were WMD's, people would be so distracted by the 'kittens' (pretty big f*ckin kitten if ye ask me).

Don't you like pussies?:confused:

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Don't you like pussies?:confused:

Are you asking me out?

Are you asking me out?

I'll have to ask my wife's permission first, and I'll get back to you.

:eek:

LOL

* For animal lovers, its about treating something with un-necessary cruelty.
    * For people that actually own stuff, its about others coming along without permission and thinking they can just do what they like to their property and dump, etc into a bin!
    * For people that have animals that are loved by parents and children alike, its about someone needlessly trying to take something loved away from their own loved ones!
    * And for any decent human being, its about... well if one can treat a small creature like the way she did, how does she REALLY treat or like to treat other things that are perhaps larger - say like a human!

...And others wonder why there is cruelty in the world.
    Yea, the smaller things don't matter do they!

(NOT directed at yourself Stercus Accidit, just to those that don't see that if we can't care for the smaller things, its yet another indication, we might not care for the larger things too as you mentioned!)

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Mark27

Hope PETA throw petrol over the auld hag and set her on fire!

Then tell the cat to miaow twice when it wants them to stop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

She should not have thrown the cat in the bin. Regardless, people are taking this issue way, way, way out of proportion. There are more pressing issues to be concerned about than a middle aged woman chucking a cat in a bin. The people who want to kill her should go visit a farm/meat processing plant every once in a while. Their heads would explode with anger. She was wrong, but this is going too far with death threats and such.

Biggins wrote: »
    * For animal lovers, its about treating something with un-necessary cruelty.
    * For people that actually own stuff, its about others coming along without permission and thinking they can just do what they like to their property and dump, etc into a bin!
    * For people that have animals that are loved by parents and children alike, its about someone needlessly trying to take something loved away from their own loved ones!
    * And for any decent human being, its about... well if one can treat a small creature like the way she did, how does she REALLY treat or like to treat other things that are perhaps larger - say like a human!

...And others wonder why there is cruelty in the world.
    Yea, the smaller things don't matter do they!

(NOT directed at yourself Stercus Accidit, just to those that don't see that if we can't care for the smaller things, its yet another indication, we might not care for the larger things too as you mentioned!)

But death threats and police protection?

Look, the woman put a cat... in a bin. It was stupid and pointless and the cat was probably confused, but this whole saga is a testament to the fickle nature of people rather than any redeemable qualities like morality, empathy or social justice, just disproportionate anger, hate and a baying for revenge.

If kids did it ye'd drag them by the ear to their parents and they'd be given out to, this woman was just stupid, she is a stupid woman but this is just an internet cat frenzy and she is probably suffering real consequences of that.

That cat is now curled up on a sofa, so is she likely, a psychiatrists one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,345 ✭✭✭landsleaving

but this is just an internet cat frenzy and she is probably suffering real consequences of that.

The internet had to move on from lolcats eventually

• Advertisement

But death threats and police protection?
    Not disagreeing in any way in that respect.
    Total over-reaction by the fringe community that only see over aggressive tactics as an answer, instead of awaiting a proportional response from the right direction/people.

She did what she did but some wonder why some (not just the over reactionaries) others are incensed.
    I took an attempt to explain in my own fumbling usual way. :)

Advertisement