Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radio Production PLC.

• 23-08-2010 3:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭

Ok so basically.. I didn't get the offer I wanted.. and I don't think I will due to the dramatic point increase..

So I have been looking into a PLC in Radio Production..
    I have a serious interest in radio and was wondering if anyway body knows or has had first hand experience of getting into a radio course with this PLC.. I want to know if it's actually worth it. Or am I just wasting my time?
    Any feedback will be greatly appreciated..
    Regards
    - T.J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,741 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Which PLC? You may find its too late for this year, there will be some interviews but if points have gone up that will be more people looking for their PLC fall-back place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 248 ✭✭TomJoe Wallace

ERPXX.. Well I can only try... =/

Also it said.. Interviews are 31st of August.. Still gives me time right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 ManUtdFan10

A lot of people use PLC courses as a back up therefore when those people get there CAO choice they forget about the PLC & places free up!

Having said that though, there will have been a lot of new applicants for PLC courses over the last few days so APPLY NOW !!!

Cheers man.. yeah was my plan for tomorrow to ring up the college and see what the story is :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

Cheers man.. yeah was my plan for tomorrow to ring up the college and see what the story is :)
    did you get a date to have the interview yet?

Yeah ! This Tuesday :)

Yeah ! This Tuesday :)
    what are you applying for and where?

Radio Production in Castlebar :D

Radio Production in Castlebar :D
    good luck ^-^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭clarke1991

sorry to burst your bubble pal but that probably wont go ahead. i applied for that last year and ended up doing print journalism in castlebar instead. that course hasn't run in a few years i think.

Well sure it's different every year. You never know.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,512 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

There's also a radio one in Colaiste Stiofan Naofa in Cork. I know it's over subscribed so interviews are competitive. I know a guy who teaches on those and he says it's only worthwhile if you have a natural talent for it. The course won't make you a good radio broadcaster if you're not cut out for it (it's a different course from Radio Production mind).

Also, the local radio stations for the first time aren't hiring any graduates from it because people with 20+ years experience are now willing to work for free!

Went for my interview today and well.
    They explained that the course numbers were **** in the previous years.
    And one of the people who run the course was away.

They sounded pretty confident that the course will be running at the expected time.

And they gave me a real confidence boost when they looked at my radio history and said "I'm an Ideal candidate" But they can't promise me anything :)

Advertisement