Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland Talent Show 2010 (3rd series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭stevveyg

have to agree, its like any Katherine Lynch tv show, i cringe and change channel rapid!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,101 ✭✭✭squonk

I thought the New Years ****e had at least the merit of being the final! Boy was I wrong! Can't believe it's still going!

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Moving this to Reality TV and merging with the existing thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Bet the rating of this tripe took a nose dive once dancing on ice started , at least I hope they did !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 furlonr3

it seems the west are the only ones voting on this show whereas dublin and the east don't seem to vote at all!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 631 ✭✭✭ootbitb

I am sure they have a limited audience for this garbage...limited to friends and family of the partici.....pants.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 furlonr3

i'm not saying this is an amazing show but seriously enough with the incessant moaning why do some people come on to this thread to just be rude and negative set up another thread for 'bitching about the all ireland talent show!'

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

It's all so bad! I gotta a feeling that tonight is gonna be a bad bad night...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

reera82 wrote: »
    It's all so bad! I gotta a feeling that tonight is gonna be a bad bad night...

That was absolutely awful, and none of the judges have the balls to say it... The guy at the start simply couldnt sing it, this should have been spotted in rehearsals, and they should have chosen a different song..

My god those nine year olds were the cutest little band I've ever seen.. It rocked..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That was absolutely awful, and none of the judges have the balls to say it... The guy at the start simply couldnt sing it, this should have been spotted in rehearsals, and they should have chosen a different song..

Gotta agree, don't normally watch this but it was on after news and I was busy cooking. That vocal performance was awful and the judges should have said so....why encourage mediocrity!

Now I know why I never watch this show!

Also, what does Amanda Brunker know about talent?

Has to be the most overcomplicated, unfair voting system in any show of this type.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

how on earth did they come up with the idea of having these idiots as judges for a talent show???

dana...won the eurovision when she was little more than a kid, has since devoted her life to politics and making appearances on the god channel

john creadon...nice fella but I don't know what he's famous for, I've only ever seen him on reality shows

blaithnid...a cocky aul mouthpiece that wouldn't know what sincerity was if it jumped up and bit her on her third chin

daithi o'shea...weatherman/ ladies man/ keeps the reds happy

amanda bonker...tabloid thrash

sad state of affairs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

magentas wrote: »
    how on earth did they come up with the idea of having these idiots as judges for a talent show???

dana...won the eurovision when she was little more than a kid, has since devoted her life to politics and making appearances on the god channel

john creadon...nice fella but I don't know what he's famous for, I've only ever seen him on reality shows

blaithnid...a cocky aul mouthpiece that wouldn't know what sincerity was if it jumped up and bit her on her third chin

daithi o'shea...weatherman/ ladies man/ keeps the reds happy

amanda bonker...tabloid thrash

sad state of affairs

The way they talk about how someone "has potential"... how the FLIP would they know??? They're only Joe Average who took up the job as a hobby!!!!

As if they would know better than the ordinary person, as if they were clearly superior beings whose amazing "talents" it took to get on RTE could be easily turned to something else.

John Creedon acts and puts on the voice as if he's some kind of expert in the field. Does he not know what a clown he's making of himself???

Dana is the ONLY person who has any claim to music AT ALL. At least Dana has SOME type of vague credibility. A bit like Sarah in Dragon's Den.

Amanda Brunker has no credibility but at least she doesn't really pretend to either. I don't think her position in The Sunday World really has anything to do with it. If there were three Amandas and two Danas we'd have a far better panel. I mean if I were in her position I'd take the money as well...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Dubs_land

The way they talk about how someone "has potential"... how the FLIP would they know??? They're only Joe Average who took up the job as a hobby!!!!

As if they would know better than the ordinary person, as if they were clearly superior beings whose amazing "talents" it took to get on RTE could be easily turned to something else.

John Creedon acts and puts on the voice as if he's some kind of expert in the field. Does he not know what a clown he's making of himself???

Dana is the ONLY person who has any claim to music AT ALL. At least Dana has SOME type of vague credibility. A bit like Sarah in Dragon's Den.

Amanda Brunker has no credibility but at least she doesn't really pretend to either. I don't think her position in The Sunday World really has anything to do with it. If there were three Amandas and two Danas we'd have a far better panel. I mean if I were in her position I'd take the money as well...

Just came across this forum and Not the biggest fan of the show but at least it gives people a bit of exposure.. A few of the acts have gotten the confidence to go on and compete on bigger shows in the UK so I feel it is a good platform for acts..
    Also the people who slate the show seem to be the ones that know everything about it!! I agree that its not as well produced as the UK versions of these shows but I'm sure we dont have anything close to even half their budget and why not make an attempt to do something ourselves instead of just watching people in the UK!

Dana doesnt seem to judge at all...she talks for ages but doesnt seem to make any points..
    Also John Creedon has been a radio presenter for music shows on RTE for over 20 years so I'm sure he knows a fair bit about music.. (I know its not all music but majority of it is)

I think its alright.. good hangover tv anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

Dubs_land wrote: »
    Jthe people who slate the show seem to be the ones that know everything about it!!
    I only saw a few minutes of it sun evening while I was flicking through channels...that's all I could bring myself to watch!

I only saw two acts and they were terrible. and I believe they are at an advanced stage of the competition? I am familiar with the judges as Ireland is not that big and even Z list "celebrities" are household names. none of the judges have any credibility in music and I include Dana because she won the eurovision at 17 and has since gone on to immerse herself in politics and religon. She has no musical merit IMO

any self-respecting musician I know would never go on a show like that.

and it is the LAST thing I would want to watch if I was hungover!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The Wanted are performing on it tonight as special guests.

Finally, some act I know!! And I frickin' love them so yay :P

What has Blaithnaid done to her hair? It is awful!!. That girl was fantastic- very original. She will probably get the boot though due to the awful voting system.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

Why does the sound sometimes go garbled when they sing. Are they using that computer enhancement software that was controversial on the x factor?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

reera82 wrote: »
    What has Blaithnaid done to her hair? It is awful!!. That girl was fantastic- very original. She will probably get the boot though due to the awful voting system.

The girl from the North?
    "Very Original"? She was a generic singer but I didnt actually see that much original about it.

Yep, it gives some exposure to some acts but most acts wouldnt fill a local bar on a saturday night even the ones at this stage.

• Advertisement

cursai wrote: »
    Why does the sound sometimes go garbled when they sing. Are they using that computer enhancement software that was controversial on the x factor?

I heard that too.. I think it's something happening between the live show and the broadcast, as the singers dont seem to hear it or be affected by it.

In comparison to the singing other acts that have been on she at least tried something a bit different - maybe very original was a bit strong alright.

Listening to Daithí, Bláthnaid and Brunker talking about singing is just ridiculous.. They might as well be judging dissertations on quantum mechanics, for all they know ..

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Amanda brunker should be seen and not heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Is it just me or are the acts way better tonight than other nights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I heard that too.. I think it's something happening between the live show and the broadcast, as the singers dont seem to hear it or be affected by it.

Yep, there were some issues there alright and it hasnt been the first time. Not exactly sure what could be causing it but surely it should be sorted at this stage. It looks and sounds very unprofessional.

Is it just me or are the acts way better tonight than other nights :D

I think you've just given it the commentator's curse..

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

this programme is pure rubbish. there are some good acts on it, but the judges bring on children, and that seriously muddies the waters for real acts who might try to use this as a springboard to something better . They all seem to be afraid to say anything nasty to a child in case they get some young one bawling her eyes out, and then the next day the phone calls to joe duffy etc. Make the show real and have a minimum age limit of 16/18

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

I think you've just given it the commentator's curse..

Hahaha :D but in fairness other nights the acts are pure rubbish :(

• Advertisement

That last crowd should have never made it to this stage ffs.. Looked like they'd been together for about a week.. Load of rubbish from Bláthnaid in their defence.. They were NO WAY ready for the big stage...

Advertisement