Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland Talent Show 2010 (3rd series)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,583 ✭✭✭✭kippy

That last crowd should have never made it to this stage ffs.. Looked like they'd been together for about a week.. Load of rubbish from Bláthnaid in their defence.. They were NO WAY ready for the big stage...
    Yep, pretty poor alright. A lot of these acts would just about manage to get on to a local "scor" talent contest but defo not the national stage - with a TV audience.
    Gotta love the bit "The lines are open - MAJOR PAUSE - now" that makes a major difference, that does......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Dont know about Imelda May's new song, I think Ricky Martin might be on the phone to his solicitor as we speak..

Dont know about Imelda May's new song, I think Ricky Martin might be on the phone to his solicitor as we speak..
    Same style but in fairness I think there were many who had the same style similiar to Ricky Martin long before Ricky Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

First time watching this show this evening. All I can say is Brunker got her just desserts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

The Wanted are performing on it tonight as special guests.

Finally, some act I know!! And I frickin' love them so yay :P

-_________________-

I also was pissed Kyle Kennedy didn't get through. I thought he was the best!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Amanda Brunker should be ashamed of herself, she basically said Irish culture as in the Irish dancing was something that should be in the past.

I think she ruined her own act's chances by dismissing a part of Irish culture.

Min wrote: »
    Amanda Brunker should be ashamed of herself, she basically said Irish culture as in the Irish dancing was something that should be in the past.

I think she ruined her own act's chances by dismissing a part of Irish culture.

Ah now, she was never the sharpest tool in the box in fairness.

* Comment intentionally left open for comical further posts on it........

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭reera82

Let's hear a holla for Dana gettin down with the crew!:p

reera82 wrote: »
    Let's hear a holla for Dana gettin down with the crew!:p

Its embarrassing in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭omen80

Tried to watch 5 mins of this evenings show.......it really is a sh*t programme. A panel of tools for judges and a lame studio set up. And don't even get me started on some of the contestants, although they can't be blamed really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Goddamn it I hate RTE.

awww that was sooo cute..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

When did John Gilligan escape from jail?

omen80 wrote: »
    Tried to watch 5 mins of this evenings show.......it really is a sh*t programme. A panel of tools for judges and a lame studio set up.

you know, I think if they just had a talent show .. without
    a) the annoying judges.
    b) having the judges as "mentors" and all the irrelelvant petty squabbling that brings.
    c) the stupid, stupid unfair voting system.
    it would be far more bearable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

you know, I think if they just had a talent show .. without
    a) the annoying judges.
    b) having the judges as "mentors" and all the irrelelvant petty squabbling that brings.
    c) the stupid, stupid unfair voting system.
    it would be far more bearable...
    It would be even more bearable if they scrapped it altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Brimmy

Anyone know what happened to Blathnaid?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

Ya I'm so confused. Why was aiden taking her place :confused:
    Ugh wee danny next week can't wait.... NOT :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 furlonr3

maybe she found out the East were last again and couldn't hack it! Must be pretty demoralising week after week!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭coffeelover

maybe she found out the East were last again and couldn't hack it! Must be pretty demoralising week after week!

Ya she's a useless judge anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Whatever people say about the show or the acts there are some
    really talented people in this country. How about a bit of positivity
    for a change?
    Shauna Buckingham was brilliant last night and Mad for Road
    had a great energy about them.
    Both deserved to progress

• Advertisement

Blá was taken to hospital from the set last night with stomach problems..

http://www.herald.ie/entertainment/around-town/blathnaid-rushed-from-set-to-hospital-2528362.html
    Blathnaid rushed from set to hospital

ALL Ireland Talent Show judge Amanda Brunker has asked fans to "pray" for co-star Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh after her she was taken ill on last night's show.

The flame-haired presenter (40) collapsed and was rushed immediately from the set in order to receive medical treatment.The mum-of-four was too sick to go back on air following the backstage show. Blathnaid, who had to undergo surgery for a twisted bowel the year before last, is now feared to have suffered a relapse after she collapsed in agony on set at Ardmore Studios last night, complaining of stomach pains.

Her fellow stars of the show have come forward to reveal their concern for the bubbly presenter. Amanda Brunker said last night: "Anyone who prays please say a few for my pal Blathnaid -- very worried about her right now."

The Dublin judge said that her colleague "took a turn".And former Eurovision singer Dana told the Herald this morning about her concerns."I know Blathanid for many years, she wouldn't not have been there if she could have been," she said. "You wouldn't lightly just step out of the live show, she actually had to be seen to. She's the ultimate professional and I wish her well absolutely."

Her collapse sent shockwaves through the studio, and while Blathnaid said she had been feeling unwell earlier on in the show, staff never expected her condition to worsen. "She said she wasn't that great during first show," Dana said.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mike Strutter

Brimmy wrote: »

Yeah the useless c**t got a stomach ache

F**k her

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,849 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yeah the useless c**t got a stomach ache

F**k her

no thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭STIG83

This show should be axed, its awful

Daniel was very ropey tonight... it's a good job he's not in the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Lupine

From what i'm reading on this thread, the show seems to be rubbish. Have any of the acts had a decent performance?

Lupine wrote: »
    From what i'm reading on this thread, the show seems to be rubbish. Have any of the acts had a decent performance?

Ah some of them are very talented to be fair.. but the show is ruined by the judges/mentors and a stupid, convoluted, unfair voting system

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

when is this show ever going to be off our screens - its dire

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

I'm always amazed at people complaining about what's on tv. If you don't like it don't watch it. It's not compulsory.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

Ireland surely has better talent than most of the competitors on this very amateur show. Some of the acts are cringe-worthy at least.

Advertisement