Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The All Ireland Talent Show 2010 (3rd series)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 furlonr3

Gypsies wrote: »
    Ireland surely has better talent than most of the competitors on this very amateur show. Some of the acts are cringe-worthy at least.

Get up there and try do better or else be quiet and watch something else! can't take any more moaning sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Taceom

Ireland surely has better talent than most of the competitors on this very amateur show. Some of the acts are cringe-worthy at least.

That's a bit harsh. Granted some of the acts wouldn't be to everyone's liking - but there are some very good acts on there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Gypsies

Taceom wrote: »
    That's a bit harsh. Granted some of the acts wouldn't be to everyone's liking - but there are some very good acts on there.
    Read what I said closely - I said "some" of the acts.. Yes, some are very good. I don't have much faith in their judging system though. If you're young and you can drum up a "young" following, you have a much better chance of winning than somebody "older", even if the "older" is more talented. An older performer won't have the tools or knowledge of social networking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭k4kate

Taceom wrote: »

I agree, there has been some great talent.And people would want to remember that it is the choice of the judges who went through from original auditions so if any act is not up to scratch blame the judge, not the act.

My problem with the show is with the phone voting. A few times the best act has not gotten through and has had to be saved for wildcard show by judges. It appears this show is more about who can drum uo votes thanwho has talent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

That guy with the football was great tonight... But he was preceded by a really really crap singer... who should have never got past the first stage.. The problem with this competition, at all stages, is the judges and the process of voting/picking the best acts..

Maybe they should have a talent search for a few decent judges next year..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

Wow - this show really is brutal.

I'd say the IMF saw this and thought we can charge those hillbillies whatever we like!

Just as well we are trying to promote a "knowledge economy" and not an "entertainment economy".

Just look at the judges. The only one with any credibility in entertainment is Dana, which doesn't say much.

Dáithí Ó Sé is grand but really should stick to the rose of tralee where his "charm" seems to work.

Its a mystery why Blathnaid Ni Chofaigh is there - her only apparent talents seem to be speaking Irish and being aggressive toward people.

"Novelist" Amanda Brunker - nothing to say there really.

John Creedon is about the best of the bunch. Seems the most normal of the lot.

I can't believe tv license money is going on this trash.

Hey if it is so brutal why you watching?

Wildcard show Sunday? Any favourites?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Jabel

Shauna Buckingham is the clear favourite

I haven't watched many episodes, but I liked Brian Sheerin.

k4kate wrote: »
    I agree, there has been some great talent.And people would want to remember that it is the choice of the judges who went through from original auditions so if any act is not up to scratch blame the judge, not the act.

My problem with the show is with the phone voting. A few times the best act has not gotten through and has had to be saved for wildcard show by judges. It appears this show is more about who can drum uo votes thanwho has talent.

I agree - the voting system is just rediculous. Whoever can drum up enough votes will win - not necessarily the most talented. I watched 2 shows so far - the first one was enough to turn me off it - the best singer IMO came last - she was a middle aged lady, married with children. The winners were young people, who will obviously have more supporters. Some of the judges also have personal "ins" with their acts - I know that for real! It's just a very unfair judging/voting system.

• Advertisement

I agree on Shauna Buckingham, she should have won easily the night she competed. What does gypsie mean about the judges have "in"s

Yhe judges are working for all their acts, or am i being naive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 furlonr3

Theres no judges votes in the Wildcard show...it's based purely on voting, it probably won't end with the best talent going through....

Well judging by the way the viewer's voting has gone I would not be as confident of talent winning through but for me Sunday is very clear cut.
    1. Shauna Buckingham
    2. Daniel Furlong

Would Gypsies explain what he/she means about judges having "ins" with their acts. Do you mean favouritism?

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭loosecannon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭mrboswell

k4kate wrote: »
    Hey if it is so brutal why you watching?

Wildcard show Sunday? Any favourites?

I'm not since I unfortunately stumbled on it.

Lets hope one of Fine Gael's cut will butcher RTÉ's budget and this show will be put on the scrap heap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭lempsipmax

Say a minute of some 3 piece band on this programme this evening. Just like to point out that I think that the backgrouns to their performance was made up of windows media player visualisations.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

did anyone see the end of this, who got through to the semi-final

Daniel Furlong and Shauna Buckingham as I predicted. Maybe I should replace Amanda Brunker as a judge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

Blathnaid and amanda were the only two judges without an act through to the semi finals.
    And it seems by coincidence their acts got the two wildcard spots last night. Like every other talent show
    IT'S A FIX

Hi all my Friend Don Stiffe is in the All Ireland talent show tonight at 6:30 pm I would be grateful if you gave him your vote he is so talented and deserves to win. This is his voting details

Don Stiffe
    Voting details for Sunday evening (AFTER 7.30pm):

Text ACT 3 to 53125
    or call 1513 71 71 03

......Northern Ireland:
    Text ACT 3 to 53125
    or call 0901 6565803

UK:
    Text ACT 3 to 53125
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭baalthor

Hi all my Friend Don Stiffe is in the All Ireland talent show tonight at 6:30 pm I would be grateful if you gave him your vote he is so talented and deserves to win. This is his voting details

Don Stiffe

Text ACT 3 to 53125
    or call 1513 71 71 03

......Northern Ireland:
    Text ACT 3 to 53125
    or call 0901 6565803

UK:
    Text ACT 3 to 53125

Don Stiffe ... sounds like a very uptight, horny or ... dead Mafia boss

Don Stiffe

Text ACT 3 to 53125
    or call 1513 71 71 03

......Northern Ireland:
    Text ACT 3 to 53125
    or call 0901 6565803

UK:
    Text ACT 3 to 53125

He got my vote - twice. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭ldxo15wus6fpgm

Can anyone tell me who got through? I missed the results show... friend of a friend is competing.

Can anyone tell me who got through? I missed the results show... friend of a friend is competing.

Hi Munkymanmatt. The 3 acts to get through to the final tonight are Don Stiffe, Brian Sheerin & the group of young dancers (casa something or other). Fitzy Chicks & Shauna Buckingham were eliminated. Pity about Shauna - I thought she was brilliant.

Hi Munkymanmatt. The 3 acts to get through to the final tonight are Don Stiffe, Brian Sheerin & the group of young dancers (casa something or other). Fitzy Chicks & Shauna Buckingham were eliminated. Pity about Shauna - I thought she was brilliant.

Ah sh*te. It's shauna that's the friend of a friend. Poor thing, she's even better in person apparently! I've learned in the last year or two that classical music doesn't have much of a place in Ireland anymore :( Ah well. Cheers.

Ah sh*te. It's shauna that's the friend of a friend. Poor thing, she's even better in person apparently! I've learned in the last year or two that classical music doesn't have much of a place in Ireland anymore :( Ah well. Cheers.

She could still have a brilliant career with her voice! Hopefully the right people have spotted her already.

She could still have a brilliant career with her voice! Hopefully the right people have spotted her already.

Yeah plenty of time yet! her and my friend are studying music, she said they're put into a couple of shows in theaters around dublin in 3rd year I think it was, having done this will probably help with confidence etc. and hopefully she'll be successful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

Hi all my Friend Don Stiffe is in the All Ireland talent show tonight at 6:30 pm I would be grateful if you gave him your vote he is so talented and deserves to win.

I don't watch the show but I am familiar with Don and have seen the campaign going on (via posters in shops etc. for votes). Can I just ask is this show not for up and coming talent e.g. young bands or adults who've only recently discovered a talent? Rather than the likes of Don who have regular ticketed gig nights in pubs and I do remember seeing a Christmas CD released by him not that long ago.

He might be the nicest guy in the world and I may be wrong on the premise of the show, but with the above and seeing there's tens of thousands of euro up for grabs... well one can't help be cynical.

The name of the show is The All Ireland Talent Show. Nothing about new talent. I presume it is a way for people to be seen on a wider stage than they have been up to this. Don Stiffe might be around for a long time but he would be new to most of the country.

Bit disillusioned with show after last night. The 2 best acts did not get through

• Advertisement

c_man wrote: »
    I don't watch the show but I am familiar with Don and have seen the campaign going on (via posters in shops etc. for votes). Can I just ask is this show not for up and coming talent e.g. young bands or adults who've only recently discovered a talent? Rather than the likes of Don who have regular ticketed gig nights in pubs and I do remember seeing a Christmas CD released by him not that long ago.

He might be the nicest guy in the world and I may be wrong on the premise of the show, but with the above and seeing there's tens of thousands of euro up for grabs... well one can't help be cynical.

The show is not necessarily for young up and coming talent. It's across the board. Don Stiffe is a great musician and in my opinion, he was one of the better performers on Sunday night. Shauna Buckingham is another wonderfully talented performer - it's a shame she didn't get through. Not sure how confident I am with the voting system. I think 1 vote per person is all that should be allowed. Allowing people to vote as many times as they wish is not a fair system.

Advertisement