Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CIMA certificate exams

Options
  • 23-08-2010 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi,
    I'm planning to study for 2 of the CIMA certificate exams (Finance and Management accounting), already have exemptions for the other 3. I'm not working in a pure finance role at the moment but nonetheless believe the qualification would be beneficial for future career prospects.

Unfortunately my employer won't finance the BPP courses for these exams so I'd like to keep the costs down of reaching the CIMA Cert. level by home study, i.e. purchasing the books and perhaps using the CIMAstudy.com online resource.

Not knowing how difficult the cert level exams are can anyone tell me if the home study route is sufficient to pass these CBA exams.

thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 899 ✭✭✭djk1000

Yep absolutely possible, just mke sure you practice lots of questions and you'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 5inarow

Thanks DJK !

Anyone got feedback on CIMAStudy.com, is it worth the £89 per cert level course ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Needchange

You could try the distance learning option which will fast-track cover the subjects in around 5 weeks each, provide all the texts and practice questions, and you have a regular contact with a lecturer rather than completely online by yourself. LCBS do it. www.lcbs.ie
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 5inarow

Needchange wrote: »
    You could try the distance learning option which will fast-track cover the subjects in around 5 weeks each, provide all the texts and practice questions, and you have a regular contact with a lecturer rather than completely online by yourself. LCBS do it. www.lcbs.ie
    Hope this helps.

Thanks for that advice. Gave them a ring, seems like a good way of covering the subjects at home and in a short time-frame but with access to a lecturer. 300e per module plus 90 per CBA exam sitting.

Advertisement