Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who does the most reliable broadband and phone?

• 23-08-2010 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

I know this is a very general question and could be debated till the cows come home, but I'm just finding it very hard to find a company that doesn't have lots of complaints from users on this board.

So if your internet provider is pretty good and doesn't give you much hassle please post about it, I'd love to know!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,283 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Switched from Vodafone to Eircom for home phone and broadband no complaints with Eircom had a nightmare with Vodafone service. Digiweb is also meant to be good, might try them next seem better value than Eircom.

Switched mobile from 02 to 3, no complaints with either, just switched to save money.

Everbodys experience is different so you'll be none the wiser by the replys in this thread. Happy shopping : )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,237 ✭✭✭✭djimi

I cant fault UPC for broadband so far. I have 15MB fibre broadband and as far as I can tell its never dropped below 14MB at the minimum. Used to have Eircom broadband when I lived at home; it was okay, generally quite stable, but the speeds were poor at times (paying for 3MB, getting nowhere close to it) and it was prone to drop at times.

Cant speak for landlines, never had one myself, but in terms of mobiles Ive been a Meteor customer for about 4 years now and for me they have been more reliable than Vodafone and O2 which I previously had. That said, its a few years now since I had either Vodafone or O2 so I have no idea how good either are now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Ranicand

Luigi 91 wrote: »
    I know this is a very general question and could be debated till the cows come home, but I'm just finding it very hard to find a company that doesn't have lots of complaints from users on this board.

So if your internet provider is pretty good and doesn't give you much hassle please post about it, I'd love to know!

This is my UPC broadband around the clock now.

925043432.png22689782.png

Never had a problem with the phone however the phone Jack is on the modem so during a power cut you lose your phone too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Benny1210

Stay away from vodafone the are the worst provider i have ever used . was with eircom for two years and never had problems but a bit pricey .

These are vodafone results for a 7meg connection

925982141.png

925984607.png

925985403.png

925986074.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭JohnOwonga

Switched from Vodafone to Eircom for home phone and broadband no complaints with Eircom had a nightmare with Vodafone service. Digiweb is also meant to be good, might try them next seem better value than Eircom.

Switched mobile from 02 to 3, no complaints with either, just switched to save money.

Everbodys experience is different so you'll be none the wiser by the replys in this thread. Happy shopping : )
    >>>>>>>>>
    Eircom are a bit pricey true but when things go wrong are they more inclined to fix things as most of Eircom Employees are shareholders in the company,
    What perks do Eircom staff get free or reduced rate Eircom Broadband and telephone calls:) ?

Yes I have heard positive commentary on Digiweb also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

I am with eircom and think they are a good company. they can set you back a bit more than other providers, but the service i have had with them is spot on.

I had 2 problems in the last 8 months. 1 was my router died and they replaced it in a week and the 2nd was when i changed over to 24mb, my connection went bonkers for a few days. but they fixed it very fast.

926567692.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

You are very close to exchange with a good line. The average on DSL is about 3Mbps.

Advertisement