Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best powder for face? Shine on nose area!

Options
  • 23-08-2010 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

Hi there,

Would anyone be able to recommend a good powder for my face please?
    The main problem area is around my nose, it has such a shine - like it's wet.

I apply powder all over my face to set my make-up and it looks great at first, but an hour into the day my face looks sweaty! :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Hi there
    I feel your pain! I too am a member of the slidey off makeup club, particulalry around my nose, and chin.
    During the day I just use rimmel loose powder, it does need topping up tho.
    At night, I use good old fashioned max factor powder. Its a lot heavier which is why I reserve it for the evening, and the shades can be trail and error, but it does keep my whole face in place til the early hours of the morning.
    Sometimes using a primer, or I love beauty flash balm under makeup to help it sit better? These can be pricey but again, I keep them for nights out.
    And finally, I recently tried the estee lauder double wear, and i find i get a lot better coverage from a lot less foundation, but i can build it up around the oilier areas to help prevent slippage!
    phew... i went on a bit there, but hopefully something i suggested will be of some use:D

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭swanangel

Ah thanks Mother Teresa. (Now there's a sentence I never thought I'd say!):D
    I really appreciate your help, when it comes to make-up we could all go on and on!
    Never tried primer ya know?! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

I've such a problem with oily skin and it was sooooooo hard trying to find a foundation that didn't just disappear after a couple hours. Revlon Colorstay is the best foundaton I've ever used, it stays on all day :) and coverage is great. I use Rimmel Stay Matte powder, it's only 5 or 6 euro but its brilliant, have all my friends using it!! :) I also use Smashbox Photofinish Light primer. Pricey but really good. The Benefit primer is really good too and is cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I usually just get a shiney nose. I tried Smashbox's Ant-shine before and it worked quite well. http://www.smashbox.com/ANTI-SHINE_2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ULgirl2010

If its just a shine you want to control, and not actually set your make up, without doubt it has to be macs blot powder... ive tried everythin under the sun to control shine on my t zone and this is the only powder that works for me anyway... very rarely have to reapply it, unless its a roasting hot day (so not often)... i would def recommend it.. its around €23 euro, but it last ages

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭LeahK

I've tried a load of different expensive ones and I found the Rimmel one the best too! I think its Matte Powder or something? really very good for the price! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 kuromi

Should try Estee Lauder's Lucidity Translucent Pressed Powder.
    It is very long lasting and does the job.
    it is currently on sale in Sam McCauley if you're interested
    I got mine for E17
    (oh, it smells pretty nice too)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 maggot12345

Clinique translucent powder is brilliant. Try it out at the counter in any dept. store prior to purchase. I use it and it's great for shine.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

The problem with powder is that is can react with the oil on your face and set into clumpy bits. I think you would be better getting some of those oil blotting sheets and dabbing them on the oily areas before putting on the powder.

I have quite an oily T-Zone and if I want my make up to last, I put a bit of Benefit Dr Feelgood on before my foundation (it says your supposed to put it on over foundation but I find I get a better result putting it under). It gives a nice matt finish without being caked and makes my makeup last all day. It also works on it's own for taking the shine off your face and gives a nice smooth look if you're not wearing make up.

As for powder, I second Clinique translucent. Gives nice coverage without caking.

Advertisement