Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious problem with offers

• 23-08-2010 4:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

A friend of mine didn't get offered anything on her CAO, even though she had enough points for her number 1. She got in contact with the college and they said that nothing came up on her leaving cert exam number, no results. They said she might not have written the exam number in at the top of the application form. She's trying to find her photocopy now to see if she did, she can't remember. She's pretty distraught. If she forgot the exam number, what happens??

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭dambarude

Ring the CAO pronto! Read the sticky at the top of page, somebody called Adrianne had a similar problem.

Tel. +353-(0)91-509800

Contact details: http://www.cao.ie/index.php?page=contact.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,232 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

She can get her exam number tomorrow from her school.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Similar thing happened to a lad in my school a few years ago, he had to wait a year to get to college. With him it was completely his fault though, he didn't include some necessary info. Perhaps something similar happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 sna1

The exact same thing has happened my brother. He forgot to put his exam number on his CAO application and instead of gettin course offers he received a letter sayin he had not been sucessful and a copy of his statement of application record. On the record where his exam number should have been it said 000000. I sat in the car and drove to the CAO office in Galway yesterday and hand delievered in the ammendement with his exam number in it and an explanation of what we thought had happened. I spoke to them this morning and this CAN be rectified. She needs to contact them ASAP with her exam number and hopefully she will be considered for second round! Good Luck!!!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭MakaDonVeli

Same happened to me.

I did a Fetac Level 5 course tho and i got the letter saying i wasn't offered anything.

Anyways rang them 1st thing this morning and they have told me to post my results pronto which i have by registered post.

Hopefully get something 2nd round.

• Advertisement
Advertisement