Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bus to Maynooth

Options
  • 23-08-2010 4:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a bus service from portlaoise to maynooth?? I can drive over but if there was a bus id rather go that route!!

thanks

Edit: or if anyone knew anyone that would wanna carshare!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Kavanaghs buses (Urlingford) :)

At least they used to do a bus service from NUIM down as far as Cahir when I was in NUIM.

EDIT: Are you thinking of commuting every day? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mayorose

Im not sure if Im posting on the right thread so if I'm not and if someone could advise on a more suitable one it would be much appreciated!
    Basically I'm 25, single, a young professional and have been living and working in Dublin for 2 years and just think Im really over the whole living in the big smoke deal and want to enjoy the quite life and Im thinking about a move to either Naas or Maynooth.
    Have any of you done the same and what was it like to move from Dublin? I do like the city life but a) its too expensive and b) Im not overly gone on going out in Dublin anymore, Im sick of the same places and the same faces. Is Maynooth very student orientated or is there a good mix of young professionals and students? Any info would really be much appreciated!
    Thanks so much :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Maynooth is good craic at night but gets small after a while...you've only really got the choice of a few pubs and the G-Spot.

Portlaoise is better. ish.

Mainly because it has more pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 mayorose

Portlaoise you say? A bit out of the way for me for work. . . and havent really heard many good things about it. I see what your saying about Maynooth been small. . .
    I suppose having the highest security prison in the country in Portlaoise might make it super safe :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

pclancy wrote:
    Portlaoise is better. ish.
    You must be joking. Seriously, have you lived in Portlaoise recently?

• Advertisement
Advertisement