Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

good electro club

Options
  • 23-08-2010 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

'Lo,
    can any1 recommend a good electro club in dublin city centre? some dnb would be nice as well.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Only decent one I know of it Antidote in the Mezz on a Friday night, there's a D'n'B room and all, but the main room is trance, etc... good night and good drink offers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 grasl

Sounds nifty, cheers Gavin! Maybe I sounded a bit too excluding while only mentioning dnb, also some good guetta remixes would be appreciated! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

grasl wrote: »
    Sounds nifty, cheers Gavin! Maybe I sounded a bit too excluding while only mentioning dnb, also some good guetta remixes would be appreciated! ;)

Ye it's a slick night, I was there for the opening night and it was like a Ministry of Sound album, was decent non-chart music. Only a fiver in with a concession and some good offers on the gargle.

http://www.antidotesound.com/Welcome.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

twisted pepper is worth checking out

http://www.bodytonicmusic.com/thetwistedpepper/

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭ciagr297

second that to Twisted Pepper

Fri night is DnB and Sat is house/electro music...but always a good mix as there are three venues in the place - Mezz is top floor, live music on ground floor and then the basement

• Advertisement

Thanks for the input guys. Will check out the places!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Am I missing something or does that website not include an address?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Am I missing something or does that website not include an address?

http://www.antidotesound.com/Details.html?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭MistyCheese

Wow, there's even a map!

I still can't find the "Details" link on the site. Thanks Twee, I'll bookmark that link.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Wow, there's even a map!

I still can't find the "Details" link on the site. Thanks Twee, I'll bookmark that link.

There's a small bit of text that reads 'click here for details' on the main image.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

grasl wrote: »

Please god let that be tongue in cheek.

Best keep an eye on the Clubbing section in Electronic and DJing.

Kennedy's Underground is good, Twisted Pepper, Pod, Crawdaddy, Bernard Shaw has some DnB and Dubstep Djs playing the odd weekend and theres a place called (open to correction) La Cirque that does a lot of DnB

Please god let that be tongue in cheek.

Best keep an eye on the Clubbing section in Electronic and DJing.

Kennedy's Underground is good, Twisted Pepper, Pod, Crawdaddy, Bernard Shaw has some DnB and Dubstep Djs playing the odd weekend and theres a place called (open to correction) La Cirque that does a lot of DnB

Hehe Pandora, it has been a while for me since I last was clubbing, furthermore listened to electro frequently. I was never too attracted to House/General Trance, but right now I have to admit that some Guetta tracks are nice listening too. Shame on me... :)

But your input is much appreciated, as I am planning to conitnue my clubbing tour through Dublin I am very sure I will visit all of them in near future!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

Fortunately none of the clubs mentioned play Guetta but they will play excellent techno/house/DnB/Dubstep etc etc.

You could try this tomorrow:
    CLUBBING · ELECTRONIC · HIP HOP · HOUSE
    MUD AT THE TWISTED PEPPER
    The Twisted Pepper's Friday night club sees the Bodytonic crew let independent promoters hold court on a rotation basis. This leads to a varied mix ...

The Twisted Pepper's Friday night club sees the Bodytonic crew let independent promoters hold court on a rotation basis. This leads to a varied mix of sounds filling the Pepper. Ticket costs vary, but are typically €5 when bought up-front and €10 at the door.

WHERE: The Twisted Pepper 54 Middle Abbey St - Dublin 1 - go to venue »
    OPENING HOURS: 23:00

Not sure what exactly is on though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

these guys put on gigs around the city, mostly in small venues

http://www.facebook.com/kaboogiemusic

http://www.kaboogie.net/

Advertisement