Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tremor in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭

Did anyone else feel the ground shaking a bit today shortly before 4pm? Work in the city here and the whole building shook for a few short seconds.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

The only recorded 'noticeable' earthquake recorded recently in Europe was a M5.6 quake near Zakynthos in Greece.

Keep an eye out here:
    http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/us2010agaz.php

Were you in a pub on an extended liquid lunch break by any chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,032 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

:D I was definitely compos mentis in the afternoon, after a slow Monday morning start. First time I ever felt the whole building shake in all the years I worked there but it was probably something local so if there are no signs of the earth moving in Dublin today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Building I work in does that regularly too. Always just assume it's whatever is going on down on Henry Street, roadworks or whatever. It is a weird feeling though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Manic Preacher

Wasn't there an earthquake in Clare a while back near Lisdoonvarna? Apparently it had no connection with the festival but who knows

Advertisement