Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

campus accommodation for postgrads?

• 23-08-2010 4:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

Hi,
    Im starting in trinity in sept as a postgrad psychology student. I applied for on campus accommodation last week (19/08/10). Does anyone know how long it takes to review the applications and when offers will be made. gotta start looking for something else if I'm not going to get it.

Thanks for any help you have!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wild_swan

Hey! I dono how long it takes - I was the same so I sent them an email (was waiting about 2 wks at the time) & they checked for me & then I got my offer - so might be no harm getting on to them - they should be able to tell you if your application was reviewed yet - good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 tmdowling

Thank you! how long ago was it you were offered your place? I hope all the places haven't been allocated already? does anyone know if there are rooms still available? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 35 wild_swan

last wk. I dono if there are rooms left as I got my room as I've a medical condition & I need to be on-campus so I'm not sure if I was squeezed in or if there are rooms left! Though I was told at first I didn't get a room & I asked again & I got one so possibly persistence helps :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 parisdakota

I'm not sure what the deal is with postgrad housing to tell you the truth. I applied in early July and a couple of weeks later I received my rejection notice. I then went through the international office (because searching for accommodation while living across an ocean can be difficult) and they told me to e-mail accommodation and try again and I was successful.

I suggest persistence. Its seriously the only way I've been able to handle the lack of information I've been getting from TCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Karen_Ann

Hey. Just wondering if any of ye ended up on campus?! Also a postgrad student and looking for feedback on the apartments. Do they try house all postgrad students together?!

Anything else i should know :D?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Postgrads apply in two groups

1. Existing postgrads (strict on deadlines)
    2. Upon confirmation of course acceptance (tends to be flexible but the space is finite)

Generally (to avoid utter chaos) postgrads share buildings/floors with other postgrads.

Rooms on campus or at Trinity Hall (dedicated Postgrad building there last time I checked)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭head_honcho

Is the application fee refundable if you end up not getting a place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,228 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Application fee is non refundable

Advertisement