Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Offers inquiry... Help im confused??

• 23-08-2010 4:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi well im kinda confused... i got 440 in my Lc last wk. i had General Nursingas my first choice, Midwifery as my 2nd and Arts as my 3rd all in NUIG on my Cao list. The points for nursing rose to 450 so ive been offered my 2nd chioce, midwifery. So what i need to know is if i accept midwifery is there still a cahnce that the points for nursing may go down and i mite get offered a place or am i out of the race once i accept? also could i appeal one of my subjects even after i accept my midwifery course or would it be too late? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

this would be better in the LC forum.

anyway, you've got 440 points. nursing is 450. there is a chance that on the 2nd round, you will be offered it. for the first round, you can accept your 2nd choice. when the 2nd round offers come out, if the points for nursing have come down enough, you will be offered your higher preference. you can accept your first round offer and still get your first choice on the 2nd round. there is no rule that says once you accept first round offers, you're out of the race.
    you can still get offered nursing even if you've accepted midwifery on the first round. but keep in mind that the points may not come down for nursing and if the first round offer deadline goes and you haven't accepted midwifery, i think you won't get it offered round to you again.
    i'm not sure about appealing but i think that you can accept midwifery, get your subjects appealed and IF you're upgraded in it, you will be offered the place you should have got in the first round. i'm not sure on this last point but ask in the LC forum about it. :)

btw congrats on your LC :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 ConfusedLC

whiteman19 wrote: »
    this would be better in the LC forum.

anyway, you've got 440 points. nursing is 450. there is a chance that on the 2nd round, you will be offered it. for the first round, you can accept your 2nd choice. when the 2nd round offers come out, if the points for nursing have come down enough, you will be offered your higher preference. you can accept your first round offer and still get your first choice on the 2nd round. there is no rule that says once you accept first round offers, you're out of the race.
    you can still get offered nursing even if you've accepted midwifery on the first round. but keep in mind that the points may not come down for nursing and if the first round offer deadline goes and you haven't accepted midwifery, i think you won't get it offered round to you again.
    i'm not sure about appealing but i think that you can accept midwifery, get your subjects appealed and IF you're upgraded in it, you will be offered the place you should have got in the first round. i'm not sure on this last point but ask in the LC forum about it. :)

btw congrats on your LC :)

Thanks for your help xxx im gonna accept midwifery and hope that the points for nursing will lower for round two! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

if the points do go down, then you will be offered nursing. you can only go up in the CAO offers.

have a look at this as well - http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055994911
    it'll prob explain better than i have :)

hope it all goes well for ya. :)

Thanks a mil xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 13 leah24

Hi

You need to accept that offer you can still get offered your first choice in the next round. There will be no more offers this round. if you dont accept this you will be left with nothing. you wont get offered anything that was below midwifery on your list but you can get offered higher on the list. Its only ten points id say you've a good chance. good luck
    I got midwifery in Trinity.:) :)

• Advertisement

ok tanks Leah, u have given me some hope!! ud neva no wit some luck, the points will lower!!! congrats on getn midwifery urself!!! hope it all goes wel for u!! And tanks ta everyone else that posted!! ye were very helpful! (btw i accepted midwifery monday evening, so i guess its a matter of waitin, yet againtil round 2!!) Roll on college!! wooo!!! :D xxxxxxx

Advertisement