Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Front light.

• 23-08-2010 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭

looking for a battery operated front light that sits on an attachment on the fork or under a basket on the fork crown. Handle bar mounted lights cant be seen with a basket. I have an attachment that fits to the front of the basket but it is cumbersome and awkward when the basket is taken off. I am looking at Ree lights as they now do a fork crown mounted version (SL620) but has anyone any other ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

fenix led torch and lockblock is your best choice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭SubLuminal

Velcro?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,805 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Some stuff here on mounting lights on forks.

http://www.blayleys.com/articles/lights/page4.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

kenmc wrote: »
    fenix led torch and lockblock is your best choice

I have 2 Fenix lights, and neither work well. A lot of flicking on and off. IIRC Lumen had similar issue?

Wouldn't recommend them. Like everything on boards, take with a pinch of salts. Probably the PX of lights :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭Gavin

ROK ON wrote: »
    I have 2 Fenix lights, and neither work well. A lot of flicking on and off. IIRC Lumen had similar issue?

Wouldn't recommend them. Like everything on boards, take with a pinch of salts. Probably the PX of lights :-)

Did you contact Fenix about them ? Dealextreme lights yeah, they are flakey, but I've read a lot about the Fenix light and don't recall encountering issues apart from yourself and Lumen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭kenmc

yeah my DX is flakey, my 2 Fenixs rock solid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Gavin wrote: »
    Did you contact Fenix about them ? Dealextreme lights yeah, they are flakey, but I've read a lot about the Fenix light and don't recall encountering issues apart from yourself and Lumen

The UK Fenix dealer offered to replace my head unit. I never got around to sending it off as I got different lights in the mean time.

Advertisement