Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apocalyptica - 7th Symphony

Options
  • 23-08-2010 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭

Apocalyptica_-_7th_Symphony.jpg
    Anyone else got it yet? Came out today, as far as I know.

Really enjoying it so far. End Of Me (the single, with Gavin Rossdale) was a bit of a grower, wasn't mad about it the first time I heard it but I really like it now. Bring Them To Light (with Joseph Duplantier) is probably my favourite on the album so far, though as one who also really, really likes Gojira I'm a bit biased there!

Opinions, anyone?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Are these the same guys who made 'plays metallica by four cellos' in the 90's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

efla wrote: »
    Are these the same guys who made 'plays metallica by four cellos' in the 90's?

That's them. I got their last album, Worlds Collide, and really enjoyed it. Think I'll have to get this.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Yup, this is their 7th album.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've never gotten around to listening to these guys, I'll tube a few vids now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

The only song of theirs I've ever liked was Faraway, which I had ruined for me for a while when I heard the version the female vocalist, which was absolutely terrible, she ruined it. What was great though was hearing one of the marching bands during this years St. Patricks Day festival playing it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,223 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Worlds collide was awesome so I'll definitely be giving this a listen

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I got my copy this morning and I've got it on repeat in my car. I love it. Like Rainbow Kirby, my favourite song is Bring Them To Light. I also really like On The Rooftop With Quasimodo. Its a bit different from the songs they've done before. I hope they'll have a gig here when they tour with the new album.

Btw, if anyone follows Apocalyptica on Facebook the album is being streamed here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Nightwish wrote: »
    I got my copy this morning and I've got it on repeat in my car. I love it. Like Rainbow Kirby, my favourite song is Bring Them To Light. I also really like On The Rooftop With Quasimodo. Its a bit different from the songs they've done before. I hope they'll have a gig here when they tour with the new album.

Is it still just the four solo cellos?

efla wrote: »
    Is it still just the four solo cellos?
    It's 3 now and they've a permanent drummer, had plenty of guest musicians on the last album and I suspect this'll be the same

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

There's a fourth cellist who is a touring member only. The guest musicians on this new album are Dave Lombardo, who I think has featured on almost all of their albums, Joe Duplantier, Gavin Rossdale, the singer from Flyleaf and some guy called Brent something or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Nightwish wrote: »
    There's a fourth cellist who is a touring member only. The guest musicians on this new album are Dave Lombardo, who I think has featured on almost all of their albums, Joe Duplantier, Gavin Rossdale, the singer from Flyleaf and some guy called Brent something or other.

Brent Smith. He is the singer from Shinedown.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Listening on FB, sounds good, will purchase at the weekend.
    I think they got a good reception the last time they played here, it was a good gig, so I would say they may return

Nea wrote: »
    I think they got a good reception the last time they played here, it was a good gig, so I would say they may return
    Was at the gig in the Ambassador in December 2007 myself, great gig. I wish they would do another gig here, they left out Ireland on the tour they're doing in November. They are playing in the UK though, London, Glasgow and Wolverhampton.

Bump!

Got my hands on this today, just finished listening to it there. First impression is that it's very good. Maybe not quite as good as Worlds Collides but no shame in that :)

Would be awesome to see them here but doesn't look likely :(

Advertisement