Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Croke Park Capacity

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭KevR

As far as I know, the barriers were in place for last Sunday's football semi-final. There was a few articles in newspapers before the game. I didn't see RTE's pre-match build up of the game so I'm not sure how much coverage they gave the fence..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 368 ✭✭Roryhy

I heard from an architect friend that the new barriers are up and are an um-mitigated disaster for the people behind them! When the sun is at a certain angle you can see nothing through the barrier is what i hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

They look fine but I'm sure people will complain about anything, such is life.

455543.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Roryhy wrote: »
    I heard from an architect friend that the new barriers are up and are an um-mitigated disaster for the people behind them! When the sun is at a certain angle you can see nothing through the barrier is what i hear.
    Yep I can see the sun being a problem, I wonder will heavy rain be a problem also. On the other hand they worked yesterday, Only one fan entered the pitch after the match, so the GAA got their wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭purplepanda

I've been to many of the top football stadiums in Britain & Europe & reckon that Croke Park is amongst the best grounds that I've seen myself.

However the Hill 16 end doesn't look the part, particulary as the Canal End opposite is of the exact same design as the Cusack & Hogan Stands.

The GAA should maybe have built both ends with terraces towards the front & seats at the back & roofed both without the ( expensive ) executive boxes & middle tiers, then the ground would have had more symetery which seems to be what people don't like about the new stadium.

Something was lost when the old ground was developed especially when the Canal End terrace was knocked down, lower capacity but a better atmosphere is what I remember from those days:rolleyes:

And it was a lot cheaper then as well!!!!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement