Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator for a Remington.22 swift

Options
  • 23-08-2010 6:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi just wondering if any of you had any recommendations on a moderator to suit a remington .22 swift vssf ii.thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

hi just wondering if any of you had any recommendations on a moderator to suit a remington .22 swift vssf ii.thanks

How much ya got to spend?

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭steelfixerking

How much ya got to spend?

will spend big for the right one,would like it as light as possible as the rifle is heavy enough.

will spend big for the right one,would like it as light as possible as the rifle is heavy enough.

Roedale precession make a nice one that is supposed to be very light.

http://www.roedale.de/epages/schalldaempfer.htm

I know of a reflex Moderator suitable for €260

is your rifle threaded?
    And have you got the magic "S" on your licence allowing you to have a mod on it?
    If not you will have to apply for the "S" at your local station, detailing reasons required for mod and make and vendor.

yea have the magic s all right,it is threaded as well,will check out that site. would that one suit that you know off? i would like to probably get a stainless one. thanks for your help.

yea have the magic s all right,it is threaded as well,will check out that site. would that one suit that you know off? i would like to probably get a stainless one. thanks for your help.

Stainless are heavier and deaer, But I prefer them.
    I have a stainless on my .223 ~€380 ASE ULTRA S7
    I have a reflex Parkerized Black Steel on my .308 €260

Not sure how much Roedale are.
    The ASE ULTRA S7 looks the best on a VSSF II as it looks like it was made for it.

I went with a reflex on the .308 as it was at the right price and it matched the Black barrel on my VTR.

• Advertisement

do you know where i would get one of them?

do you know where i would get one of them?

Yep, a few boys in the midlands stock them, where are ya based?

based in leitrim, but i do be up the midlands most weeks.who do you deal with yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Roedale precession make a nice one that is supposed to be very light.

http://www.roedale.de/epages/schalldaempfer.htm

I know of a reflex Moderator suitable for €260

is your rifle threaded?
    And have you got the magic "S" on your licence allowing you to have a mod on it?
    If not you will have to apply for the "S" at your local station, detailing reasons required for mod and make and vendor.

are the make and vendor absolutely required when applying for one?

declan1980 wrote: »

Yep

I was asked to supply both anyway, I did not write a letter for teh second one mind. It was just a verbal convo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭tfox

declan1980 wrote: »

I just said why I required one, never mentioned make or vendor, granted no problem :)

Chap I work for wrote pretty much the same thing and didnt get it, not a happy bunny :) both granted from the same station...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

I never mentioned make, model or vendor on my applications either. Just well thought out reasons for needing both of them.

Dealing with forms, I would just give enough information to squeak you past the line and no more. If they ask for it later, fair enough, if not, too bad.

Advertisement