Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

70.3 Ironman Austria/Antwerp

• 23-08-2010 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭

Hi All

So Ive decided to step up a little bit next year and was thinking Austria/Antwerp to do 1 of the 70.3 series races , Has anybody on here done both or one of the courses?? if so any pros/cons i should look out for, is one better than the other, is one better ran than other, :confused:

Also did you have any problems getting your bike over with ryanair/aerlingus.
    where did you fly into. did you stay near the event, in a hotel/hostel or B&B??

as i will be new to the 70.3, all help/info/tips is appreciated/much needed ;)

Sorry for all the questions :o

Dave

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,830 ✭✭✭catweazle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

Maybe keep your €€€ for the full IM?

There are a few pretty well run 1/2 IMs in Ireland these days - the whole IM-brand experience is great, but expensive.
    I happily dropped that level of cash for "the big one", but it's a little more difficult to justify when there are solid local alternatives at 1/2 IM.

I have to agree Izoard, I am keeping my powder dry for a pass from the missus for a foreign trip to the big one, one of these years :rolleyes:

Tinydave there are also three well run 1/2 Ironmans in Ireland as well that are well worth supporting

Swinford
    Kenmare
    Groomsport

Theres another one as well that Izoard and Griffin did early in the year but i am damned if I remember the name of it, water would have been cold for that one.

The rumour of the Galway fully branded 1/2 Ironman still exists as well, scheduled for september 2011.....but whisper it only

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Izoard

catweazle wrote: »
    Theres another one as well that Izoard and Griffin did early in the year but i am damned if I remember the name of it, water would have been cold for that one.

The rumour of the Galway fully branded 1/2 Ironman still exists as well, scheduled for september 2011.....but whisper it only

Sperrin Half Ironman - event thread here.

Good event - baltic lake, but perfect timing if you are looking at a summer IM...sounds perfect for you so, CW:)

Ha, I dont know about that........for some reason I have an North American outing in mind, its about the only way I could get Mrs C out of two weeks sitting by a pool. Ironman Canada calls out to me as I would love to see that part of the world, although getting together the money aspect might be more difficult than the training for a change. So doubtful it will be next year my friend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

If you're looking for something earlier in the year I'd definitely recommend Bala in wales (June). Well run, brilliant atmosphere in the town over the full weekend and especially during the race. Perfect roads for cycling on, and a beast of a run. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcJsBS96tWQ

The website is a bit crap (http://www.wrecsamtri.org.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=1) but dont take that as any reflection of how well run this race is. Can't wait to get back there, but I doubt it will be next year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 170 ✭✭tinydave

Cheers for the replys, great reading in the race reports cw,I was very suprised about the lack of goodies to buy at the event :( going buy the race report, I seen the ones around ireland but i think if i was going to do the half i would like to go abroad, make a bit of a hoilday out of it as i would be bringing Miss Tiny with me,
    It would be deadly if the one in galway did go ahead as it would solve alot af travel/accomadation issues.
    I think if i done the half next year and survived i would think about the full in 2012:eek:

Advertisement