Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Data Programming Fundamentals CIT

• 23-08-2010 7:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭

this Course is under Higher Cert in Computing

It does not say what it is, is it Java or C++

where would you get a good Java Compiler i use Xcode for C++ or is their better?

i was looking at Microsoft Visual C++ but i take it thats different coding then normal C++?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

I amn't sure what they use, could be Java fact it uses Maps/Hashmaps. Then again it could be STL with C++ but that wouldn't be as simple.

As for Java, download Netbeans.

As for Visual C++, no there isn't a difference, it's just C++ and The Visual Studio environment along with libraries such as Win32, MFC for GUI programming, which are useless libraries. Better off using QT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,663 ✭✭✭Cork24

I was thinking of JAVA as well.
    you think they have it on the Site. but then again this is CIT were talking about.

Microsoft dont have Visual Java no more, it was not a good as Java SE. What book would you rate, i have Deitel how to programming with Java 5 edition. but i find while reading Deitel books i lose concentration

i tried looking around the net for some Video Training, would you know any place to get good Programming Videos, other the Youtube were you have kids

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 krinklez

Is this a full or part time course?

Both. im doing Full

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 krinklez

Do you have a link to those at all, I'm only getting a modules page when I google it?

• Advertisement

Advertisement