Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Science 2010

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

bigred100 wrote: »
    Is there a big red X??
    Nope, the ones I'm clicking don't clash. It says in red at the bottom "No surplus credits can be chosen until September 11th" or something

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭Healium

Ah, silly me....
    In your first year, you will take 12 modules over two semesters i.e. 60 credits... You can choose all 60 credits from the Subject/Stream page or you can choose 50 credits from here and a further 10 as Electives

Most stages of most programmes require you take 10 elective credits.

Later in the registration process you are usually allowed take extra elective credits - up to 10 credits from 11 September onwards.

:o

I had 55 compulsory credits, and chose one more, so I'll have to wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

Even though the 9 o clock lectures are a pain in the ass. I would rather get all my stuff out of the way and have the evening off. Also this semester I have a day from 9 am to 9 pm. Thats going to be a rough day. Hopefully I get some decent lab times this semester because then I will only have one lecture on Friday. Also for second year math modules I found linear models too be a good one. Lecturer was good and the tutorials where very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭bigred100

Anyone figured out what to do tomorrow with the fact the tutorial and maths clash, I know it's not important this week, but it'd be nice to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SCD

There's a clash? Not for me there isn't :/

• Advertisement

SCD wrote: »
    There's a clash? Not for me there isn't :/

I gotta do that extra maths and on my online calendar it's at 15:00.

On the paper timetable we got during orientation that's the same time as COMP10030 Tutorial.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 SCD

Oh ouch :/

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭CrazyFish

You normally don't have practicals/tutorials in the first week so you should have a week to sort it out. I think programming might have it but that is just to set up Java on your computer which you can do your self if you are so bored.

We can pick a time slot for introduction to maths now...they all clash.

Advertisement