Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees GMIT

Options
  • 23-08-2010 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi I need some help here. My friend is worried about not getting her fees paid because of something she seen on the GMIT website. Heres the link and the part she is worried about.

http://www.gmit.ie/register-at-gmit/fees/index.html

"if you have completed a certificate you will not qualify for free tuition for another certificate or ordinary degree. You will, however, be eligible for free tuition for the third year of an ordinary degree course."

She has done a fetac level 5 and 6. Im assuming this does not apply to her?

Comments

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think certificates are level 6 so it might apply to her. I can't be 100% sure though.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I think certificates are level 6 so it might apply to her. I can't be 100% sure though.

I hope it isn't cause im screwed as well I got a level 6 .:eek:. I seen no mention of it in the vec grant booklet. I thought the vec pay the tuition fees :confused:

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,241 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I had done a cert before so i got shafted when i went back to college, I won't qualify for a grant or free fees until the fourth year of my course. Hopefully you'll be alright, the whole thing's not very clear on fetac courses.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Blargh

Its very unclear id be sickened if I had to get a loan to pay for fees:eek: Only time will tell if I get the fees payed or not ill update this thread when i find out.

Advertisement