Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subject choices for Arts Galway

• 23-08-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm wondering if anyone can help, i'm going doin arts in nui galway in sept, but i'm not exactly sure how i'm supposed to select subject's for arts. I want to do History, English, Geography and Soc and Pol. I know theyre rather popular, and as i want to be a teacher in those fields, i really want to know how to pick them quick!
    Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Oh and also, anyone know when 1st years are starting in Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

we get a registration pack in a few days telling us all the info about starting. i think we start properly on the 13th but have to go in the 12 and 11th for orientation :) sorry i cant help more

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭orlabobs

musical.x wrote: »
    we get a registration pack in a few days telling us all the info about starting. i think we start properly on the 13th but have to go in the 12 and 11th for orientation :) sorry i cant help more

Oh ok, and does that tell us how to choose our subjects? oh great, that a bit into sept.... some time to set up! :) no, don't worry thats great help! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

when you get your registration pack, it will tell you to set up a NUIG account online on the website. you register, pay your fees (if you have to), registration charge (unless you're on a grant), and student levy (which everyone pays). after you pay this with credit/laser card (i think you can do it via bank giro as well), you will be told to register and select your modules up to 60 credits. some courses don't have any options or you pick them later in september.

i doubt it's first come first served so there's no rush to be there first. this will all be in your reg pack.

you start proper on the 13th with orientation on the 11th and 12th :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

orlabobs wrote: »
    I'm wondering if anyone can help, i'm going doin arts in nui galway in sept, but i'm not exactly sure how i'm supposed to select subject's for arts. I want to do History, English, Geography and Soc and Pol. I know theyre rather popular, and as i want to be a teacher in those fields, i really want to know how to pick them quick!
    Any help would be very much appreciated! :)

Oh and also, anyone know when 1st years are starting in Galway?

You don't have to make your choices until you get there as far as I remember. It's also worth sticking your head into a couple of other lectures in the first week or two if you're not sure about a subject and want to see what it's like.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭LisaRoy

You don't have to make your choices until you get there as far as I remember. It's also worth sticking your head into a couple of other lectures in the first week or two if you're not sure about a subject and want to see what it's like.

Ya you'r right.. At the open day they told me there would be a 'taster week' for the students to try diffrent subjects...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

I think you have 2 weeks at the start to go to different lectures and choose your subjects?! I only know I'm doing Economics, havn't a clue what else.

Advertisement