Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with eircom

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 brian kay

No this will not effect your speed or filter your signal and it's better this was as the zyxel routers are not the best routers.

When you do get the router you will find the setting for bridging under network - internet(WAN) - general - mode. it will be set to Routing, just click the drop down box and you will see bridge. click and apply setting and you will be in bridge mode.

Then just connect up that airstation to one of the ethernet ports on the Zyxel and you should be ready to rock.

I will be doing the same thing you will be doing, as i think the Zyxel are crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,850 ✭✭✭aidanodr

Just be aware of this small caveat:

http://support.eircom.net/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE/&/?St=139&E=0000000000256988700&K=2450&Sxi=6&Problem=obj(7454)&DCSext.clickedFrom=bb;home;setupyourmodem

"Although you may use any broadband (ADSL / DSL) modem to connect to the eircom broadband service, eircom net Technical Support will NOT support any modem-related issues (with the exception of No Sync issues [click here to troubleshoot]) and there is no guarantee that the modem will work reliably."

Aidan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Thanks for the help lads, im pretty sure i wont be ringing eircom looking for technical help, im not too bad with the router stuff, just having never used eircom before you can never be sure what way they might hamper the system.

Advertisement