Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Need help tuning in my TV, help.....

• 23-08-2010 8:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hey, ive just moved into a new apartment and i have temporary cable, from the apartment complex they have there own channels available, until I get sky connected during the wk...

I have a crappy NEC television from yrs ago cause i cant afford a new one at the minute. The problem is that the remote control got broken during the move and I had to go out and get a new universal remote. Problem is i havent got a clue how to tune the channels in, or even if i can. The remote is a URC22S...

Can anyone out there wit any knowlegde of this crappy remote enlighten me as to whether I can tune in channels wit this thing, there is no menu button on it or anything... Im going mad here, only have RTE1 and TG4!!!

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,103 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If you could mention the model number of the TV, that would be good. Should be on a sticker on the back saying what voltage it uses etc.

In what way exactly was the old remote broken? Unless the TV has a way of getting it to scan and store stations using buttons on the set, it is probably unlikely you can get the universal remote to do it, unfortunately. Temporarily patching the old remote to scan and store the stations is probably your second best bet after there being a way to do it on the set itself.

Advertisement