Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bizarre/Illegal things on motorways

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Tractor casually popping along the M9 today

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

MYOB wrote: »
    Often see people fishing or kids diving there
    Next to the power station? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 34,892 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

229px-Blinky_Art.png

The Dublin Airport cap is damaging the economy of Ireland as a whole, and must be scrapped forthwith.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Victor wrote: »
    Next to the power station? :eek:

Yes! That's probably why the Guards are so willing to deal with it.
    ninja900 wrote: »
    229px-Blinky_Art.png

Its hydro, so rather than Blinky, you've got the risk of ingestion in to the turbines and strong enough currents due to same.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

Taking your hands off wheel to take photos is illegal and dangerous

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,644 ✭✭✭SerialComplaint

I was heading north over the M50 toll bridge today, when I spotted blue flashing lights in the mirror. 'Ah feck, what have I done now?' was my immediate reaction, but fortunately, they weren't after me. They pulled over to pick up a hunched man - looked like he was homeless, carrying his life possessions in a few bags - who was mooching along in the hard shoulder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Car after missing exit 29 on m7, reversing back in hard shoulder...was tempted to plough into them, need a new car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

M1 today at Banbridge and it is safe to say really sh1tty driving.....

1759995009.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

slurry in a hurry.....had to go round the bend quick to prove its capable of the minimum speed ...

great pic...gonna nick that one for a couple of forums i know.... :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭nordydan

-Corkie- wrote: »
    M1 today at Banbridge and it is safe to say really sh1tty driving.....

1759995009.jpg

A1. Its the A1. Had to mention it!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Is it really Banbridge too? That section of A1 is old, this bit looks newer, almost like part of the Newry bypass?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭source

Is it really Banbridge too? That section of A1 is old, this bit looks newer, almost like part of the Newry bypass?

That cop car is a skoda, so its definitely the A1 and not M1. AGS don't use skoda for marked patrol cars.

According to the Newsletter its Dromore btw. Again had to be pedantic and mention it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Not

On two evenings in the last few months seen idiots driving in the hard shoulder of the M7 southbound between the Naas North and Naas/Newbridge junctions at motorway speed as if it was a driving lane. It's more or less a continuous left hand curve as well, so god help these people if they come on anything stopped there.

Bad enough people reversing on the hard shoulder to go back to a missed exit, which I see regularly, but more than once over the years on the M50 in rush hour traffic I have met vehicles reversing back up the left lane (not the hard shoulder) forcing traffic to swerve around them in order to get back to an exit they have missed or entrance they have mistakenly took.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 M4Girl

I've noticed the hard shoulder driving thing recently...on several occasions on M4 heading west on the 2-lane section I've seen folk pull onto the hard shoulder a couple of km from a junction, and continue to drive at the same speed along and up the slip. There have been a couple of near-misses with drivers on lane 1 who pull off at the slip and get confronted with the first vehicle running out of shoulder; not that this slows them down of course.

Has anyone seen this anywhere else? Is it a national trend?

M4G

I saw a horse tied to the side of the road on the N81 outbounds towards the M50/Tallaght on Saturday evening. I was at a funeral in Derry yesterday and I was told that travellers are abandoning their horses as they can no longer afford to keep them.

Anyone else hear this or is it just a coincidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,798 ✭✭✭✭L1011

A number of junctions on the A1 have been replaced with GSJs, modern barriers in the centre, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭marmurr1916

source wrote: »
    That cop car is a skoda, so its definitely the A1 and not M1. AGS don't use skoda for marked patrol cars.

AGS? I think you mean PSNI. The A1 is in the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no He means it must be in the North as its a Skoda and AGS don't use them

AGS? I think you mean PSNI. The A1 is in the north.

I'm well aware of that, I think you may have misread my post. Have another read of what I said.

• Advertisement

Passed 3 cars this morning on the m7 with no lights on......in dense fog.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

I think I passed about 50 cars with fog lights on while in dense traffic on the M7 this morning.

I assume you only turn your fog lamp on if you are at the rear of a line of traffic and there is nothing that you can see behind you (within reason)?

bawn79 wrote: »

I think I passed about 50 cars with fog lights on while in dense traffic on the M7 this morning.

I assume you only turn your fog lamp on if you are at the rear of a line of traffic and there is nothing that you can see behind you (within reason)?

Yes, however I'm not talking about fog lights, I'm talking about lights. And traffic is much lighter on the Limerick end of the motorway than the Dublin end.

Saving the battery! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Yes, however I'm not talking about fog lights, I'm talking about lights. And traffic is much lighter on the Limerick end of the motorway than the Dublin end.

I was just pointing out people leaving fog lights on - I wasn't contradicting what you had said. Crazy not having your lights on in the fog.

In fact why can't it be made compulsory that you must turn you lights on during the day?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

In fact why can't it be made compulsory that you must turn you lights on during the day?

This is a discussion for a different thread bit all day lights is totally unneccesary here. The countries that have had studies with all day lights are generally countries with long twilight hours e.g. Sweden & Norway.

Besides if you had all day lights rules there'd be asses with fog lights on the whole time.

antoobrien wrote: »
    This is a discussion for a different thread bit all day lights is totally unneccesary here. The countries that have had studies with all day lights are generally countries with long twilight hours e.g. Sweden & Norway.

Besides if you had all day lights rules there'd be asses with fog lights on the whole time.

A bit pointless discussing the legalities of switching on the lights during the day when (I believe) all new cars must have daylight driving lights installed as standard, so it's only a matter of time before only "classic" cars are unlit while driving.

I was just pointing out people leaving fog lights on - I wasn't contradicting what you had said. Crazy not having your lights on in the fog.

My bad, I picked you up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭glineli

M18 also this morning in very thick fog

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yesterday, coming into Dublin city at the red cow - right here - http://goo.gl/maps/gOmti - an old couple in a civic facing on coming traffic :(

Not sure how she managed it, whether she spun or what. Car has signs of fresh damage to the front fender.

Advertisement