Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st year Pats!

Options
  • 23-08-2010 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Im starting in St. Pats in Drumcondra for primary ed this year, is anyone else doing the same course? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

meeeee :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 cathyr

awesome :) u looking for accomadation or do u have it already?? do u no anyone else going? im just terrified about not knowing anyone there haha!!

applied for campus so fingers crossed! ;)..
    I'm going on my own too :rolleyes:..

i applied for campus too! well at least i know one person going! im cathy :)

and i'm claire ;)
    *shakes hands with cathy*

• Advertisement

haha nice to virtually meet you :) lol do you have facebook??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 xxsunshinexx

I'm going into second year, and like ye I knew no one when I started last year but everyone is really friendly and its very easy to make friends there! Living on campus is the best.. so if u can get it great! Not everyone gets it on the first go, but hang on if you don't cos not everyone who gets it accepts it :) and you might get their place! If ye have any questions about Pats just ask :)

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭CreamCrackers

Hey, Im looking to share with 3 or 4 other 1st year DCU/Pats students, male or female. I will be studying the B.A course in Pats. I would like to share a house close to both colleges, 20min walk at max or at least accessible by bus. Max rent I am willing to pay is 350-400 per month. I am a tidy, easy going 18 yr old female who wants to make new friends! PM me if you are interested in a team up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭BrenosBolts91

I am! :D Names Conor,19,likes long walks on the beach and getting caught in the rain!

I had a house lined up just across the road from Pats,but turns out its 492 euro a month,so I said jog on and applied for campus! I'm also looking at the Shanowen Complex near DCU. 15 min walk or bus.

Anyway,can't wait to get this show on the road.

I am! :D Names Conor,19,likes long walks on the beach and getting caught in the rain!

I had a house lined up just across the road from Pats,but turns out its 492 euro a month,so I said jog on and applied for campus! I'm also looking at the Shanowen Complex near DCU. 15 min walk or bus.

Anyway,can't wait to get this show on the road.

Dude, any chance you're looking for house mates???

• Advertisement

Hey, Im looking to share with 3 or 4 other 1st year DCU/Pats students, male or female. I will be studying the B.A course in Pats. I would like to share a house close to both colleges, 20min walk at max or at least accessible by bus. Max rent I am willing to pay is 350-400 per month. I am a tidy, easy going 18 yr old female who wants to make new friends! PM me if you are interested in a team up!
    Did you check the student villages near DCU? They work out at around 400 per month,but you do get cable tv and broadband included. Plus its a 15 min walk.

Did you check the student villages near DCU? They work out at around 400 per month,but you do get cable tv and broadband included. Plus its a 15 min walk.

Ive been checking on sites such as daft.ie then i thought maybe ill get house mates first, lol! thanks for the tip!

Dude, any chance you're looking for house mates???
    Well I would have said yes this time yesterday,but I'm not looking at houses now after the ridiculous quote I got from the house I had lined up. I'm ready to go for campus tbh. I reckon it would be some craic; I'll have the guitar going strong haha

Ive been checking on sites such as daft.ie then i thought maybe ill get house mates first, lol! thanks for the tip!
    I found a great house on Collins Avenue ,wuda worked out at 400 per month,but she wants to rent it to a family! So I said how about a family of students...needless to say she hung up haha

Well I would have said yes this time yesterday,but I'm not looking at houses now after the ridiculous quote I got from the house I had lined up. I'm ready to go for campus tbh. I reckon it would be some craic; I'll have the guitar going strong haha

Don't get me wrong Id prefer to be on campus but with 600 first years and 260 paces (maybe less due to some being for 2nd + students) Im not holding my breath! What course you doing?

I found a great house on Collins Avenue ,wuda worked out at 400 per month,but she wants to rent it to a family! So I said how about a family of students...needless to say she hung up haha

Ha, legend! Students renting a house cant be that bad for landlords! Or is it?? Ha. Tbh I'm looking forward to the experience!

Don't get me wrong Id prefer to be on campus but with 600 first years and 260 paces (maybe less due to some being for 2nd + students) Im not holding my breath! What course you doing?
    I know but it's worth a shot anyway. I'm doing the B.Ed. Well the chances of getting it aren't too bad, a lot of people will be scared off by the state of the rooms :P

I know but it's worth a shot anyway. I'm doing the B.Ed. Well the chances of getting it aren't too bad, a lot of people will be scared off by the state of the rooms :P

I'll be going B.A. Not just the state of the rooms but there seems to be a lot of 'rules', not sure if they are followed though! ha. Well you see, I live an hr away from Pats, in Dundalk, so I think I have less of a chance.

I'll be going B.A. Not just the state of the rooms but there seems to be a lot of 'rules', not sure if they are followed though! ha. Well you see, I live an hr away from Pats, in Dundalk, so I think I have less of a chance.
    Yeah but I'm sure it's like the rules in secondary school,very few are actually enforced. Well I'm from Mullingar which is really the same distance away,an hour on the train, and a bit longer in a car. I think the accomodation is dealt out randomly so it doesnt matter where you're from.

Yeah but I'm sure it's like the rules in secondary school,very few are actually enforced. Well I'm from Mullingar which is really the same distance away,an hour on the train, and a bit longer in a car. I think the accomodation is dealt out randomly so it doesnt matter where you're from.

Maybe I'll get it then, I guess Ill find out on monday. If you decide you need hose mates make sure I'm first you PM! My search is not going well! But I suppose most first years are waiting to hear about campus accommodation. I'm Gráinne btw. I look forward to seeing you and your guitar around on campus at some stage!

• Advertisement

Maybe I'll get it then, I guess Ill find out on monday. If you decide you need hose mates make sure I'm first you PM! My search is not going well! But I suppose most first years are waiting to hear about campus accommodation. I'm Gráinne btw. I look forward to seeing you and your guitar around on campus at some stage!
    Yeah it all depends on if I get the campus or not. I was in yesterday having a poke around and had a great chat with the receptionist ! There's a house at the top of the road ( this is the one i was on about ) that's 85euro per week plus about 8 euro in bills,so 93 a week,but you would have to share. Worth looking at if you don't mind sharing. I'll give you the link.http://www.collegecribs.ie/viewlisting/1475#1slideShow1

Glad to meet you Grainne. Conor's the name. Yeah I'll be on the corridors busking come Sept trying to get enough money to rent a house!

Sorry,by sharing I mean getting a bed in a twin room.

guys, when do we know if we got campus?

I should probably start looking at a few backups incase I don't get it :rolleyes:..

Yeah it all depends on if I get the campus or not. I was in yesterday having a poke around and had a great chat with the receptionist ! There's a house at the top of the road ( this is the one i was on about ) that's 85euro per week plus about 8 euro in bills,so 93 a week,but you would have to share. Worth looking at if you don't mind sharing. I'll give you the link.http://www.collegecribs.ie/viewlisting/1475#1slideShow1

Glad to meet you Grainne. Conor's the name. Yeah I'll be on the corridors busking come Sept trying to get enough money to rent a house!

I'm guessing you havent been looking at much houses. Thanks for the link btw! You can get far cheaper ones! Ive been looking at some at some between 250 and 350 a month. Some were 60 a week. Theres no way I'll be going over the 400 mark!

guys, when do we know if we got campus?

I should probably start looking at a few backups incase I don't get it :rolleyes:..

I think monday! If you're looking for house mates PM me! I'm currently looking at off campus accommodation as a back up!

I think monday! If you're looking for house mates PM me! I'm currently looking at off campus accommodation as a back up!
    Yeah after monday.

I'll let you know Monday so, but I'm going up on my own so if I don't get campus, you can most likely count me in :)

I'm guessing you havent been looking at much houses. Thanks for the link btw! You can get far cheaper ones! Ive been looking at some at some between 250 and 350 a month. Some were 60 a week. Theres no way I'll be going over the 400 mark!
    I was up until 1 last night looking! Theres a really nice house I found,but it says the landlord only accepts girls? Its just up the road from Pats beyond the Garda Station.

I was up until 1 last night looking! Theres a really nice house I found,but it says the landlord only accepts girls? Its just up the road from Pats beyond the Garda Station.

any idea what those student campuses such as All Hallows are like?

I'll let you know Monday so, but I'm going up on my own so if I don't get campus, you can most likely count me in :)

I'm in too if we have no luck on monday!! :)

• Advertisement

any idea what those student campuses such as All Hallows are like?
    All I know is Marinos are way too expensive. Have you checked Gateway and places like that near DCU?

Advertisement