Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No caller id on LG GW300

Options
  • 23-08-2010 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Bought a new LG GW300 online from Vodafone within the last week. No caller id comes up on screen when I get an incoming call. I tried fiddling around with all the different settings, but to no avail. It works fine with text messages. Anyone else have this problem with this type phone, or is it a problem with the handset? Dont feel like sending it back to Vodafone if there was a simple solution.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

ring vodafone. it's usually a network settings. just tell them what you told us. they should be able to activate on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭maudgone

Random wrote: »
    ring vodafone. it's usually a network settings. just tell them what you told us. they should be able to activate on your account.

Thanks for the reply. I'll give them a call to see if they can sort it out. I didn't think it was a network problem, as I'm with Vodafone for a few years now, but no harm in trying.

did you get a replacement sim or anything when you got your new phone?

Sorted. Tx for the help Random. Caller id was inactive on my ac which seemingly happens sometimes when you upgrade. Very uncomfortable taking a call when you dont know who is calling. I dont know how we managed in the old days with the old windy handle phones. We were better liars I suppose, lol. eg; Dad told me to say he's not here. I suppose a lot of people on here won't remember a windy phone. I'm showing my age now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

maudgone wrote: »
    Caller id was inactive on my ac which seemingly happens sometimes when you upgrade.

This only happens on vodafone for some reason. Has been going on for awhile now too. Dont think it happened when you got an upgrade, was after getting a new sim usually

• Advertisement

Davy wrote: »
    This only happens on vodafone for some reason. Has been going on for awhile now too. Dont think it happened when you got an upgrade, was after getting a new sim usually

Operator didn't give any reason for caller id changing to inactive during the upgade, just said it happens sometimes. I used my own sim, so that couldn't be the cause. Anyway I'm just happy to have it sorted.

Davy wrote: »
    it used to happen all the time on o2 as well but usually had to involve a sim change of some kind!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement