Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sponging off the State

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Biggins wrote: »
    It was his 666'th post so its hell to read it!
    F#ckin right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Brendog, do not post in this thread again.
    The next time you post in a thread, please try and make sense.

johndoe99 wrote: »
    i agree 100%, you can report them online:

http://www.welfare.ie/EN/ContactUs/Pages/reportfraud.aspx
    Be happy! Be all you can be! Be a snitch!
    Weirdo's...

They should cut the dole after being on it for a certain period of time, and anyone on it for 2 years or more should be forced to do volunteer work like cleaning the community
    -by removing unsightly dole-bashing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭Sea Sharp

He was trying to do the sponge bob square pants song with 'junkey Dole(eys)' in the place of 'sponge bob square pants'.

Welfare cut in half over the next three years I reckon.
    Does anyone know how much of the 2010 budget was spent on people on the scratch?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

Any money that a sponger sponges off the state is money Anglo aren't getting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭-Trek-

Any money that a sponger sponges off the state is money Anglo aren't getting.

hooray to the spongers!

I think these type of threads are unfair allot of people have no choice but to claim the dole, and its not like they had much of a choice when they were left go from their jobs. I know the thread is meant to be a criticism of long term claimers but it never comes across that way and only deteriorates into generalisation.

I love this fine line AH has between a scumbag and a dole scrounger.. Scumbags claim benefits, go around in trackies and should be shot. Dole scroungers claim benefits go around in jumpers and get defended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭tc2010

You have a degree and you cant afford a few hundred euro to go to Spain. :confused::confused:

Either your lying or your an idiot

PS doleheads dont all drive around 2010 cars :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elpoder

As soon as I read "Gawling" I had a fair idea of what was to come from this thread! Ridiculous ignornant smugness :D

I love this fine line AH has between a scumbag and a dole scrounger.. Scumbags claim benefits, go around in trackies and should be shot. Dole scroungers claim benefits go around in jumpers and get defended.
    Generalisation, anyone? There's plenty to go round.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Johro wrote: »
    Generalisation, anyone? There's plenty to go round.

plenty to go round in tracksuits or jumpers?

elpoder wrote: »
    As soon as I read "Gawling" I had a fair idea of what was to come from this thread! Ridiculous ignornant smugness :D
    That would've been fine if ya hadn't typed 'ignornant'.
    :D

pmcmahon wrote: »
    plenty to go round in tracksuits or jumpers?
    People who aren't 'scumbags' or 'scroungers' don't wear tracksuits or jumpers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

Brendog, do not post in this thread again.
    The next time you post in a thread, please try and make sense.
    It makes sense if you sing it to the theme of spongebob squarepants.

Probably the sponge part that makes it relevant :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

At least the vast majority of the billions paid out in social welfare allowances annually go back in to the economy in some shape or form (where tax is collected at multiple points)....the banks have gotten multiples of this sum, from the same source, and have it locked away to boost their balance sheets, providing no real input to the economy with their continued lack of lending.

One thing I could never understand about the dole was how someone long term on "free" dole got precisely the same amount as a fresh claimant getting stamp dole...if someone has been made newly unemployed then they're coming from a scenario where they had a salary that was multiples of the amount SW pay, and have paid PRSI/tax for however long, and will probably have loan/credit commitments and used to having more money in their pocket... then surely at least in the first year, they should get something over and above what those who contributed little or nothing to the PRSI/tax pool get...but no, all claimants get a 1/3 of the average industrial wage irregardless...no wonder some people abuse the system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

People who aren't 'scumbags' or 'scroungers' don't wear tracksuits or jumpers?
    its funny,i always seem to stick up for them too,i can't argue that point that'd make me a dirty hypocrite :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 elpoder

That would've been fine if ya hadn't typed 'ignornant'.
    :D

ha shurup! I must be tired from sponging off the state all day!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Copper23

Trekmad wrote: »
    hooray to the spongers!

I think these type of threads are unfair allot of people have no choice but to claim the dole, and its not like they had much of a choice when they were left go from their jobs. I know the thread is meant to be a criticism of long term claimers but it never comes across that way and only deteriorates into generalisation.

God almighty... 3 posts later explaining my point to suggest EXACTLY the opposite and still get these reply's from people who didn't read a thing I wrote in this thread.

"Oh someone mentioned dole scrounger... what an arsehole... quick, post a whitty comback..."
    "Oh, should I have actually read the posts to make sure they aren't actually making a big generalisation? Nah, I'll just generalise myself and call the OP an arse"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,847 ✭✭✭HavingCrack

tc2010 wrote: »
    You have a degree and you cant afford a few hundred euro to go to Spain. :confused::confused:
    But he's been to Boston so he can't be doing too badly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭DepecheHead101

I honestly couldn't give a rats ass that I work for money and some people choose not to. Good for them if they are happy to get by on sod all. Look at the economy. Look at government. Look at capatalism. Everyone scrounges off someone and everyone is getting f-cked over by someone. It's really sour grapes that these working class heroes spend so much time complaining about the pothead two doors down. The state has invested far more of my tax money into facilities, media and infastructure that I either don't use, don't consume or don't give a crap about. It's the state of the game. Look at the bigger picture and worry about your own life.

Who gives a ****e. I mean really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭J2D2

Copper23 wrote: »

"Oh someone mentioned dole scrounger... what an arsehole... quick, post a whitty comback..."

you do realise this is after hours right? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

God almighty... 3 posts later explaining my point to suggest EXACTLY the opposite and still get these reply's from people who didn't read a thing I wrote in this thread.

"Oh, should I have actually read the posts to make sure they aren't actually making a big generalisation? Nah, I'll just generalise myself and call the OP an arse"
    Wow talk about talking out your hóle, read his post properly.

He said he understands what it is about, but it DETERIORATES into a generalisation, he never said it started off that way.

Tbh.

• tc2010 wrote: »

Either your lying or your an idiot

PS doleheads dont all drive around 2010 cars :D:D

How is he lying or an idiot? I know plenty of people with degrees and jobs who haven't had a holiday in years. If you're not on a great salary, take tax, rent, bills, food, transport, medical costs etc out of that and you're left with feck all. If you need to see a doctor and get medication, that can easily be 100 quid gone in one go. Dental work, contact lenses, bus fares, that stuff is bloody expensive when you actually have to pay for it yourself. It's much, much harder to survive on a low wage than not to work at all, IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

Isn't it gawling when you know someone who does this?

People who are openly proud to be screwing the State over for every benefit, grant, etc that they can possibly get.
    They will actually boast about getting this grant and that grant and discuss means to "get them" among friend.

I just find it sickening seeing people who never work or contribute to society in any meaningful way going around in the best of clothes, the newest of cars, sun holidays and every new gadget you can get your hands on.

I've gone to college to earn my degree, work hard at my job, get up early in the morning to do it, get home late, pay my taxes, am entitled to zero benefits, have never taken a holiday to Spain in my life, pay my own rent and wouldn't know an iPhone if it hit me in the forehead. I earn enough to be comfortable and I'm glad for that. In just can't stand my taxes paying for those know contribute NOTHING to have newer/better/shinier cars/clothes/holidays/gadgets, whatever.

It was a joke before but now in Recession times I'm repulsed by these people.

I signed in just to tell you that while your moaning about working hard all your life etc.

The people that you've been paying your taxes to the last number of years have been ASS RAPING YOU!

The so called bad people claiming the grants and benefits that there ACTUALLY intitled to are just doing what i myself would do!:mad:

Advertisement