Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Moving apps to sd a joke.

• 23-08-2010 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

I have a 16gb Sd card and my phone is telling me I'm low on space. When are the developers going to enable a move to Sd card option on their apps? In particular Google. Google apps are the biggest. Or is enabling the move to Sd card option on an app a difficult thing to do? Either way all devs knew that this function was coming with froyo.

Whenever I get below 10% I get the annoying low on storage space icon in the notification Bar. what's really annoying me is that when I have say 8% phone storage left the phone won't let me update apps that are already on the phone???

Is there any way you can disable the low on storage icon? And why if I have space left will the phone not update apps I already have installed?

Every app I have that can be moved to Sd has been moved.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

What phone?

If you root, then you can use the far superior apps2sd+

I have 120+ apps and over 100MB internal memory free on my desire - all apps go to the SD regardless of whether they support crappy froyo apps2sd :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

You must have a ton of apps installed. I'm on Froyo on the Hero and have no such space issues. My data partition is 146MB free (out of 165MB), and SD card is 5.7gb free (out of 7.2gb)

I have 24 market apps installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

Yeah its a desire. I guess ill have to look into the rooting. As far as I'm concerned froyo was seriously over hyped.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Lawstud

The point is I should be able to do what I want with the phone. I wouldn't consider that I have a lot of crap. Sure some I don't use that often but if I have a 16gb card and want to fill it with ****e I should be able to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

mmm how about updating to newer firmware and making use of the update feature of being able to install apps to sd card :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

I use APPS2SD+ on my 16GB card. The FroYo A2SD really isn't all that brilliant tbh. My pet hate with it was that if you mounted the sd card on your computer you lost all the widgets on the sd card.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

My pet hate with it is that if you mounted the sd card on your computer you lost all the widgets on the sd card.

That's the other really annoying thing about Froyo apps2sd!

They should rename it CRAPps2sd :D

Advertisement