Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any US based runners?

Options
  • 23-08-2010 10:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Hope its ok to post here. Been really into running for the last year or so, just back from the Madison Mini Marathon in Madison, WI. 5K is the distance I focus on. I am in central Illinois. Anyone else out there? Always interested in visiting new places and then squeeze in a run at the same time, that is my vacation. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Gandhi

Used to run a lot around Philly. Two small kids at home now has brought it to a screeching halt, though. Unless you count the Wii Fit.

Philly is a good city for running, though. Trails that lead from the city center (or center city as they say in PA) out into the parks, and one trail that goes 130 miles off into the countryside, crossing the Applachian Trail. If you fancy running for about four days.

schuylkill-river-trail-philadelphia-587.jpg

trail-map-of-trail.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

I run around 15 miles a week out there in Seattle.

I'm 48 and only been at it less than a year so i'm still building pace and distance and injuring myself pretty regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭boarddotie

I will be moving to Louisiana next month and plan to keep running-usual distances 10k to half marathon.

Advertisement