Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

tipperary

• 23-08-2010 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

i was thinking of heading to Tipp for a couple of days next week , can anybody recommend any nice sites. Also anybody know about Tree Grove in kilkenny ?...thanks...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭sunchaser

I would recommend Glen of Aherlow Caravan Park. It is a beautiful park with a very clean toilet block. Free Hot Showers, and plenty of hot water for wash up. Nice and quite sitting room with TV if you like to hide away and read. Beautiful views from your motorhome windows. Nice walks in the area. George the site owner is most helpful and friendly.
    Enjoy your stay there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 100 ✭✭clionaricho

If you have children Parsons Green in Clogheen is great, they have an indoor playground and a farm etc.

Apple Farm in Cahir is also good.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 allthatGlitters

Parson's green is filthy though, but the walk around the farm is nice.
    Apple Farm is spotless, nice walks around the orchards, small play area, tennis court, fresh fruit, jams and juices for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

+1 for The Apple Farm.

We only ever use it as a stopover though when heading down to Cork / Kerry. Haven't used it as a base for anything but it ticks all the boxes. Warning though, make sure you book in advance and even then ring to confirm. We have pulled up even after making a booking to be told that the site was full. A spot is always found though !!

The plums from there are the best I have ever had...

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭DVD2009

anybody know about Tree Grove in kilkenny , heading there 1st before tipperary....

• Advertisement

DVD2009 wrote: »
    anybody know about Tree Grove in kilkenny , heading there 1st before tipperary....

Can't say I've been there but if you have a young to early teens family The Nore Valley Park is excellent and would highly recommend but again only for a single night.

Has some poor reviews on TripAdvisor.

Just outside Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Would'nt stay in either Park if I could help it but if you are stuck Treegrove would do for a night.:(

any reasons why ? planned on 2 nites so we could walk into kilkenny for the day ....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭coolvale

nore valley & tree grove are 2 different parks. we stayed in tree grove some years ago & found it very clean. it is a handy walk into kilkenny.
    have not been there lately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 471 ✭✭aerosol

Can recomend the apple farm,was just there the last 2 nights,spotless and friendly.They only charge per head,free showers.The best value site I've stayed on in Ireland(Reb).

Stayed on both Tree grove and Nore Valley,the latter is much better if you have kids,owner has been known to to be a bit off with certain people:rolleyes:
    Tree grove is great because you can walk into Kilkenny easily,nice and friendly and clean too.

In the site at Blarney as I type,very good also,first time I've been in the castle,well worth a visit.Off to The Glen of Athelow tom,all the reviews look good.

• Advertisement

aerosol wrote: »
    Can recomend the apple farm,was just there the last 2 nights,spotless and friendly.They only charge per head,free showers.The best value site I've stayed on in Ireland(Reb).

Stayed on both Tree grove and Nore Valley,the latter is much better if you have kids,owner has been known to to be a bit off with certain people:rolleyes:
    Tree grove is great because you can walk into Kilkenny easily,nice and friendly and clean too.

In the site at Blarney as I type,very good also,first time I've been in the castle,well worth a visit.Off to The Glen of Athelow tom,all the reviews look good.

My 2 favourite sites - The Apple Farm and Blarney. Blarney is spotless and so spacious. Only negative is that they need a small play area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I actually like Nore Valley. I have been there twice in a tent and enjoyed it.
    Last time I was there I was almost overcharged a number of times at check in by a new (but old) guy but he kept recalculating until he figured it out so I was not actually overcharged but he kept giving me the wrong total bless him :D

Showers are free if I remember correctly.
    I have not used them in my camper so can't comment on that side of things.

It is child orientated but not having kids I can't say how good it is for kids except that they have a wooden fort and petting zoo.

just back... Tree Grove is grand ,basic facilities but it is perfect for a day in kilkenny .Stayed 2 nites which gave us a whole day in kilkenny , then to tipp and Glen of Aherlow which is a great site . Spotless with great views , And at this time of year it was so quite . With the weather this week ,this was by far the best trip we have had . ...if i can, i must plug the butchers in Bansha ..the best Steak i have had in ages ....oh yeh Well done TIPP .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 460 ✭✭Malta1

fab photo

have to admit , i got pic from the interweb....it is a nice pic though...

Took these photos last time we were in Kilkenny.Taken around the castle.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭wonderworm

[/QUOTE]Blarney is spotless and so spacious. Only negative is that they need a small play area[/QUOTE]

Might be a negative for you, but its a big big positive for us :D great spot. Treegrove in Kilkenny is great if you want to walk into Kilkenny facilities are good too. Bennettsbridge isn't the greatest, strange people

Love the description :D ......... strange people ............so right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Blarney is spotless and so spacious. Only negative is that they need a small play area[/QUOTE]

Might be a negative for you, but its a big big positive for us :D great spot. Treegrove in Kilkenny is great if you want to walk into Kilkenny facilities are good too. Bennettsbridge isn't the greatest, strange people[/QUOTE]

Agreed. However there is a happy medium which Parsons Green in Tipp don't seem to be able to achieve. It was like a riot of kids there at all hours the last time I was there ( with kids not involved in the riot). Never again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭si_guru

The Apple Farm... nice place, nice people.

• Advertisement
Advertisement