Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fire Brigade recriutment?

• 23-08-2010 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hi

this has probably been asked a million times. but dos anyone know when the fire brigade are recruiting again? or even if they are. i know the gaurds are meant to be recruiting again at the end of the year.

i tried looking for a proper website before but couldn really find an official one unless im looking in the wrong area

so wat i want to know is. whats the hours/work week like etc or salary expectations

as you can see i dont know a hell of alot :)

thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

What area of the country do you live in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Each County Fire Service is run by the County Council of that County, working time, conditions etc vary greatly with many County Fire Service's operating on a retained basis only.
    Recruitment therefore is not uniform and done nationally like the the National Ambulance Service or an Garda Síochaná.

Dublin Fire Brigade would be the largest Fire Service in the country but are currently effected by the recruiment embargo, they also have a number of candidates on an existing panel awaiting the callup to start training.

paulzx or ivabiggon will be able to give you a further insight into the training etc.

The best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Jessup1

Im in Kilare ( newbridge) i wouldnt mind which county. So to apply is it a case of going to the county council itself.

I thought it use to be that only every 2 years there was recruitment

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Jessup1 wrote: »
    Im in Kilare ( newbridge) i wouldnt mind which county. So to apply is it a case of going to the county council itself.

I thought it use to be that only every 2 years there was recruitment

Yes each County Council recruits for it's own county fire service.
    Call into Newbridge or Naas Fire Stations where the lads will give you all the info you need. They each have training evenings so might be a good time to call by for a chat.
    Regarding retained services like Newbridge you must reside and work within a short distance as you respond via a call on a pager you carry with you.

Advertisement