Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

routes around Girona

• 23-08-2010 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Does anyone have any experience of this area of Spain and if so, any recommendations?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

ullu wrote: »
    Does anyone have any experience of this area of Spain and if so, any recommendations?

Cheers

Girona is a great spot. I love cycling there. Fantastic roads and beautiful countryside.
    Tour of catalunya routes would be a great place to start charting ur trip. The tour de France had a stage last year that started in girona and headed south to the coast. Rocacorba and el mont near Banyoles north of girona are great climbs. Dan martin holds the record for rocacorba.
    If I could recommend a place to stay it would be girona-cycling(google it). Fiona and gareth that run it are fantastic people and it's a sports-hotel. I took the b&b option and it worked out great. They have hundreds of routes mapped out for guests.
    Other rides include the option of crossing the pyranees to France for a day or just pro-spotting. Team sky, team garmin and a few more pros are based in girona and Lance himself lived there during his most successful period. Lance Armstrong hill is just outside girona. Lance used to practice his TT up this hill before the tour. VDV is written all over the road these days tho so we can assume a certain garmin-transitions man holds the fastest ascent record.
    I'd go to girona in the morning if I had the time. I'd base myself in Banyoles to the north tho. The roads are quieter and there's nothing nicer than chilling by that lake after a hard day in the saddle!
    Enjoy!!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭ullu

That's great, thanks buzzingnoise. The holiday is already booked and paid for but I'll be staying in the Banyoles area so happy days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 404 ✭✭decrrrrrr

I'm probably clutching at straws here but does anyone have any recommendations for a place to rent bikes in Banyoles? I'll be there tomorrow so I'll have a wander around but I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭buzzingnoise

ullu wrote: »
    I'm probably clutching at straws here but does anyone have any recommendations for a place to rent bikes in Banyoles? I'll be there tomorrow so I'll have a wander around but I'm all ears if anyone has any suggestions.

Cheers.

Several bike shops in town. Better value tends to be found away from lake. Sorry no numbers. The White bikeshop on the main street towards lidl is good and staff are sound.

• Advertisement

Thanks again buzzingnoise.

Advertisement