Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried - Arts, English

Options
  • 23-08-2010 11:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Hi guys, i have a worrying question..

I applied for Arts in UCD and got accepted for it. I knew for certain that I wanted to study English, but I wasn't sure about the subjects I wanted to do with it, so I didnt take up the chance to choose my subjects before starting when putting in the course code.

I've just seen now on the UCD website that 86% of people that applied to the Arts course preselected their subjects.

And now I'm panicking..

Is there a chance English could already be full? Could I not be accepted into the English class? At this stage, I really don't mind what I study with English, once I can get English!! frown.gif

Would anyone be able to help me with reference to how big the classes are, general interest in the English classes and if you guys think I'll be able to get into them?

Thanks in advance everyone redface.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭El Siglo

About four or five hundred people (and that's not an exaggeration) do; English, History and Economics. They're probably the most popular choices, so I doubt English is full already.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

English is huge (and I mean HUGE) so there's a fair chance you might still get it. Just get up really early on registering day and click on english as soon as SIS opens for business :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

Thanks guys, feeling a tiny bit better :o

Just a question, on the UCD website in relation to registration, it says to sign into your UCD connect account and then click on SIS to do your registration..

I've already logged into my UCD connect account, but i cant see the SIS button where i have to click on tomorrow.. Any help?

Is it in the home page of UCD connect or does it appear on registration day?

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭chave

SIS is under the "student life" tab when you log in to connect.

any other questions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Eternaldream

Sorry guys, didnt have access to a computer for ages..

Thanks everyone for your answers! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement